Saturday, April 5, 2014

DLP Update

A little time was spent this week catching up on my Documented Life Project challenges.  It's meant for a full blown art journal/planner, but, artistically I'm not there yet.  That, and my Barnes & Noble Punctuate! planner is just too perfect a size fit for me right now.  So instead, I use the challenges as prompts to simply design the pages in the planner I use.

This is from Week 13.  We were to have someone else draw something on our page and we were to finish it.

Gabrielle was available so I gave her the short and vague instruction to draw something somewhere on the 2-page spread.  From there I pulled paint across the pages, then did some doodling.  Now that I look at it, I need to color in the flower tips, etc.




See the smiley face with the text bubble saying, "Hi"?  That's what she gave me to work with.



Week 14 had us do something with our name.  That may be fine when you're working in a 5x8 book, but my personal sized planner (3.5 x 6.5) is not big enough to support the name, "Jacqueline" and STILL have room to write appointments, to-do's, etc.

Instead, I used my ASL name sign, "q".



The initial got repeated and I just doodled in the loop.  Nothing fancy, but it was still fun.




This week?  Monochrome!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29