Friday, March 7, 2014

Missing Persons

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, there was a woman who was kind of creative.  She got lost in the hustle and bustle for a decade or so, but now she's slowly surfacing again.


These are from Faith Hope Love from McKenna Ryan at Pineneedles. She works them in batiks, but I've got a long savoured stash of Daiwabo fat eighths that are doing the job nicely.  Once I've got decent quality muslin I'll sandwich them and quilt them.  I'll get the 'hope' pattern, work that up, and hang them together.

 



I also stumbled upon a video demo at Rae's.  After watching it, I did my own version.  I don't have a wide variety of supplies, etc., but it was interesting seeing what I could do regardless.





There's still hope!

3 comments:

  1. Q, are those blocks you've sewn??? Applique? Are the letters applique or are they some kind of stitching? Well done!

    And I love your mixed media - beautiful!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. They're appliqué on pieced blocks. I'll do the actual appliqué once I've got backing and the correct thread.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some amazing applique! Great detail!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29