Tuesday, February 4, 2014

The Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clear and sunny, looking at a high of 59.  SO glad winter came back!  (It's all relative, and here in the desert, THAT counts as 'winter'!)

I am thinking... about how the rest of the week is going to pan out.  I have a sicko that is going to have us reworking a few things.  Not problematic, just requires some adjusting.

I am thankful... for modern dentistry.  Mr Perfect had a root canal yesterday and you'd never know it.

In the kitchen... lots of fresh ginger tea, sliced lemons, and honey.

I am creating... some special pillows for a special lady.

I am going... to keep expectations low this week.  Meals, laundry, offspring studying, and Lauren recovering.  Anything else is bonus.

I am wondering... about this growth spurt at church and how it's going to play out.  Fun!

I am reading... Respectable Sins.
 
I am hoping... that Writing Strands helps us through a hurdle.  I don't understand why writing is so hard.  I mean - organize your thoughts, write how you would speak, read it when you're done.  I thought it was just the boys, but then I received some emails about some ensemble gigs and WOW, even seasoned adults can't organize a thought on paper.  What makes it so complicated?

I am looking forward to... Lauren feeling better.

I am learning...endurance, persistence, long-suffering.

Around the house... Jakub reading, Sebastian typing, Gabrielle writing, Lauren napping, Lily helping Lauren take a nap.  Very exciting stuff!

I am praying... for my pastor's wife, and all extra prayers are welcome.  She's having a double mastectomy on Monday.

A favorite quote for today...

Please don't write attention seeking, open ended
cryptic posts on facebook
as I have no intention of pandering
to your weak emotional needs by replying.

One of my favorite things... Young Living Essential Oils

A few plans for the rest of the week... World Tour Wednesday, rehearsal shuttling Saturday, church on Sunday.

A peek into my day...


The upper kitchen counter pharmacy.  Diffusing oils for crud killing (so the rest of us are less likely to get it) and congestion, raindrop in a bottle, a row of oils for expectorant capsules, and a row of oils for crud killing.  Sure smells good around here!


2 comments:

  1. Accidentally hit 'delete' instead of 'publish'. Whoops!


    Good gracious, you crack me up! Since you seem to be referring to Lauren I presume you meant "sickie" rather than "sicko", as the latter has rather different connotations in my neck of the woods! Hope she's on the mend :D

    You're too right about the writing... it's amazing the things people produce, and I don't just mean kids. (shaking my head)

    And 100% agreement on the cryptic, open-ended posts - applies to blogs as well. If it's too private to discuss in public, then DON'T. But hinting about it in wispy, look-at-me ways is just an invitation to scorn. Ugh.

    Praying for your pastor's wife,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Had to laugh - no, sicko and sickie are probably the same here. Sick, ill with crud, not a pervert on a heroin high! :)

    Thank you, every prayer is appreciated. Her surgery is Monday afternoon.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29