Monday, February 24, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... mostly sunny, high of 79.  I kept praying that this was simply a fluke and that we'd have winter again, but I don't think it's going to happen.  I caught a glimpse of our Phoebes this morning and they're arrival means, 'spring' is official.

I am thankful... for a family who delights in routine but can still be very flexible, circle the wagons, and crank when life throws us a curve ball.  We've learned that getting a mortgage in TN is far different than getting a mortgage here.  Our particular snaffu means the Anthem house is going on the market in 10 days, so we're in deep-cleaning overdrive at the moment.

In the kitchen... Lauren loading the crockpot with Chicken Parmesean.

I am creating... two new planner page spreads.  I don't like my 'flaps', and this week's theme is 'recycled'.

I am going... to take the girls to a gig tomorrow.

I am reading... I just finished the pile of 1/2 finished books on my night stand.  Time to start something new.

I am hoping... that we can all make it through this 5th-gear stage of life.  Selling homes, buying homes, two trucks/move dates, and Piotr newly assigned to a high-profile project while covering two regions of the country, all on top of concert season.  It's a lot.

I am looking forward to... all the housing situations being settled.  The sale of Anthem, the purchase of TN, great housing for the family currently renting our TN place, etc.

I am learning... about watercolors.  I'm not at all good at it, but one has to start somewhere.

A favorite quote for today... in this day and age where everyone must say something about everything . . .

"It is not necessary to react to everything you notice."

One of my favorite things... going back to bed with a barometric migraine, just to snooze for a few minutes in hopes that drugs will kick in, and waking up 2 hours later feeling so much better.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... gig for the girls, World Tour Wednesday, church Sunday.  The rest of the time will be deep cleaning here at home.

q.

1 comment:

  1. My friend - praying for you all through this crazy (crazy-good!) season! And I LOVE the quote. How did you know I needed that?


    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29