Monday, February 10, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clear blues.  73 today, heading towards 83 by Friday.  (In February.  Time to move.)

I am praying ... for my Pastor's wife.  She's got intake at 9:30 and surgery at 1:00.  A skillful surgeon, calm and loving support staff, and peace that surpasses understanding.

I am thankful... for Lauren's safe return home.  She was only at her dad's, but I'm always more at ease when she's home.

In the kitchen... nothing yet.  A turkey will go in the oven soon, and later there will be mass cooking for tonight.  The girls cook and feed themselves and a few others on Monday nights at orchestra, as there are several that are there through youth and adult.  Makes for one hungry crowd.

I am creating... a cleaned out master closet, and a decorated weekly spread in my planner (this week's challenge - pick a shape and repeat).  Yesterday I turned a few of Piotr's oxford shirts into nightgowns.  Cute!

I am going... to deliver the girls to a gig tomorrow morning and go enjoy a coffee and study time somewhere quiet while they do their thing.

I am wondering... how not to destroy my children.  I've been observing other children be slowly destroyed, a little bit here, and little bit there.  It makes me wonder - where am I doing the same thing?

I am reading... Discipline - The Glad Surrender - again.  Tore through it quickly the last time around and need to dig in this time.

I am hoping... that we get to finalize some TN business soon.

I am looking forward to... Saturdays' Regional Festival.  The girls have been working so hard, and the music sounds amazing.

I am learning... about discipline, my own lack of.

Around the house... routines humming along.

A favorite quote for today...

"Designed for good deeds. It's as simple as that. It was God's idea. He did the designing. He expects us to work, just as the designer of a precision instrument, if he understands the principles involved and designs it accordingly, expects the thing to work. It is no great credit to the instrument if it does."

Elizabeth Elliot - Discipline - The Glad Surrender.

One of my favorite things... the 'post work-out' status, which means it's over and I did it.  :)

A few plans for the rest of the week... clean the master closet in this week's prep to move, enjoy my Monday night off, run the girls to a gig Tuesday, World Tour Wednesday, Regional Festival concert Saturday, church on Sunday.  That's enough.

A peek into my day...


I wonder what it will look like by the end of the week?


1 comment:

  1. Love your colorful daytimer - very creative! 83. In February. I have no way to conceptualize that. We had snow on Friday, and some last night - though now it's just cold, cold rain.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29