Monday, January 27, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... still a tad dark, but setting up for a clear 77 degree day.  Very warm, even by desert standards.  We saw spring flowers popping up along I-17 on the way to church yesterday afternoon!

I am thinking... how very, very blessed we are.

I am thankful... for our TN church family.  They've been praying for us for years and are now stepping up to help in other ways as well.  Amazing.

In the kitchen... Sebastian unloading the dishwasher and the Keurig sputtering away.

I am creating... check marks in my TN or Bust planner, and challenge pages via The Documented Life prompts in my 'normal' planner.  I needed a shove to get out of a rut and into a groove.

I am going... to the local high school.  (I know - can you believe it?)  The girls auditioned for and were accepted into the Regional Honors Orchestra, so I'm taking them to pick up their packets today.

I am wondering... what the Lord has planned as far as the sale of our Anthem house goes.  A divinely timed sale, close, combined with a break-even sale price would be lovely.

I am reading... Just finished Discipline, the Glad Surrender by Elizabeth Elliot.  Ordered Respectable Sins after hearing about it from a young lady at church yesterday.

I am hoping... that the boys continue this fabulous path they're on.  Piotr was gone most of last week (usually prime trouble time) and the boys did very well during that absence.

I am looking forward to... hmm . . . you know, I've been looking forward to moving to TN for 3 years.  I still am.  But I'm really just looking forward to how the Lord works out each day between now and then.

I am learning... about gesso and matte gel.  I've had these pots of goo for a few years now and am just now experimenting.  I know - not life altering or admiringly academic but it makes me happy to be getting my hands back into creating, such that it is.

Around the house... boys doing morning routines, Lauren working out, Gabrielle probably still in denial, Piotr washing up, me blogging over a coffee.  A morning humming along nicely.  Bliss!

I am praying... for a mom with several littles who is going to have a GREAT day today.  :)

A favorite quote for today...

Motherhood is about raising and celebrating
the child you have,
not the child you thought you'd have.
It's about understanding
he is exactly the person he's supposed to be.
And, if you're lucky,
he might be the teacher
who turns you into the person you're supposed to be."

The Water Giver

One of my favorite things... bible study with my children each morning.

A few plans for the rest of the week... my 'night off' tonight, World Tour Wednesday, friends for dinner Thursday before a meeting, Superbowl with friends on Sunday.  Blissful productivity at home in between.

A peek into my day...


Jakub bought a tie this past week so he could wear it to church like Piotr.  Here he's getting his first lesson.  Note the box that Jakub's standing on so he can see over the counter to the mirror.  :)

1 comment:

  1. Love love love that picture of your guys with ties! And quite envious of your busy, productive days. This time of year (at least in the PNW) is my least favorite - still cold, dark, and wet, and we're past the fun holidays. *sigh* But looking forward to better things!

    What are you creating with gesso and matte gel?

    Congrats to your young ladies on Honors Orchestra, and to your young men on being gentlemen while Piotr was away (hallelujah!)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29