Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Simple Woman's Daybook, 1.6.14

Yes, it's been months . . . there was some child-rearing ick going on in our household, and I didn't want to be tempted to blog about it.  You know, if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything!  :)  However, said issues are through, holidays are over.  I hope to do a 'catch up' photo-post, but in the meantime, this is a nice way for me to get back in the swing . . .

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clear and sunny, high of 64.

I am thinking... it's really been a long time, it may take a while to get back into the habit of blogging again!

I am thankful... for the gifts the Lord arranged for us.  A few weeks ago, completely out of left field, Piotr was offered the chance to stay with FedEx, in his current position, move the job to TN with him when he was ready, and then WORK FROM HOME.  A season for miracles, indeed.  The job was the last thing holding us back, so once that was locked down, things got very real.  :)

In the kitchen... not a thing.  Cleaned up after breakfast and haven't quite gotten to lunch yet.

I am creating... an embroidered name sign for a baby expected tomorrow.

I am going... to Colorado to visit my parents in a few days!  Though I'm a little worried about my feet - the boots I ordered are stuck in some weather problem in IN at the moment.  It's amazing - here in the desert you really do forget that there is something other than sun going on out there.

I am wondering... if the weather is going to remain clear enough to attempt the above-mentioned trip.

I am reading... about 5 books.  A bedside pile of loose ends.  I'm hoping to finish them all up, get them back into our library, and then I may attack a little Milton.

I am hoping... to see much growth in all of us this year.  Not just the children, but myself as well.  So many areas in which to work!

I am looking forward to... relishing each day, rather than always focusing on whatever big thing is next.  Doing what I can, where I am . . . and enjoying it.  :)

In the cross-country move department... the filing cabinet has been cleaned out, leaving stacks of paperwork to burn.  The truck is full of boxes.  Bubble wrap and packing paper arrive today.  After that it's 'do nothing' until I return from Colorado.  THEN we get busy.




Around the house... Gabrielle just finished giving a violin lesson via Skype, Lauren and the boys are studying.  Lily's waiting patiently for Gabrielle to get to the couch to study so Lily can snuggle with her.  It's a little chilly!

I am pondering... the boys and all we're demanding of them this year.  It's going to be a big year for them.

A favorite quote for today... "I got this!"

One of my favorite things... new academic years.  All four have started.  And it was time.  You know how it is - you enjoy the break but at a certain point one needs to return to those more productive routines.

A few plans for the rest of the week... World Tour Wednesday (some things never change), then off to Colorado!

A peek into my day... hope no one needs the truck.  It's currently acting as box storage.


1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you back in the blog-world :D OH MY GRACIOUS! Be careful about going to Colorado right now... so cold! When my Dad was there (November) it was -30F. And blowing.

    So excited about Piotr's job - hallelujah! Keep me posted about progress on the move,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29