Tuesday, September 3, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... mostly clear blues.  Getting ready to push 105 while currently sitting at 79% humidity.

I am thankful... for such an e-ticket ride on the condo.  We cleaned it up, did all the repairs, and refinished the cabinets in 2 weeks.  Put it on the market Saturday, had two offers Sunday, a signed cash-offer contract AND a signed back up by Monday, inspection today, and we close in 2 weeks.  Zoom-zoom!

In the kitchen... someone unloading the dishwasher.  Does that count?  ;)

I am creating... costumes.  An upcoming church history weekend requires some level of costuming (or you risk being put in the stocks) so that's been the latest project.  Tunics and belts for the gentlemen (to wear over pants and boots) and kirtles and surcoats for the ladies.

I am going... to enjoy a nice, quiet, at-home day today.  We love our weekends, but there is something nice about getting back to the normal swing of things.

I am praying... about a potential interestate-transferable FedEx job for Piotr.  Some information should be coming down by the end of the month on this one.

I am reading... A Lesson in Honour (a recent gift).

I am praying... that the crud from which the girls are recovering stops there rather than passing through the entire household.  Got Thieves?

I am looking forward to... our last quarter for the year starting this coming Monday.

I am learning... how to cut a somewhat-aggressive pompadour.  (Hair cuts for the gentlemen tonight!)

Around the house... boys buzzing with morning routines, Lauren probably in a slow, relaxed gear, and Gabrielle (currently sick) most likely still asleep.

I am pondering... the mental differences between boys and girls.

Girls get into trouble and then spend time thinking about how to better manage the situation next time so as to avoid the trouble.

Boys get into trouble and think, "La la la . . ."

A favorite quote for today...

The biggest communication problem
is that we listen to respond,
not to understand.

One of my favorite things... watching the girls mature.  They. are. amazing.


A few plans for the rest of the week... Lauren gets to pick up her new viola tonight (weeks ahead of schedule), and we have a full World Tour Wednesday tomorrow.  That's it!  :)

A peek into my day... No peeks.  With this voodoo thing on my computer it now takes a dozen steps to get photos from my camera.  Finding a way to streamline that is on my list for this week.



1 comment:

  1. Hurray hurray hurray for the condo selling! Woo-hoo!

    Keep me posted on the FedEx possibilities... exciting!

    And I'm totally cracking up about the boys vs. girls mentaility.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29