Friday, August 16, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook - Friday Edition

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... dappled blue skies that are pushing to 112 degrees.

I am thinking... I've got to get back into the groove of blogging - just don't want to forget he little things, ya know?

I am thankful... that when having a troublesome dream, one can wake up to reality - safe, at home, in bed, dog curled up where she belongs, everyone fine, etc.

In the kitchen... garbanzos cooking on the stove for humus, milk cooling to 110 degrees for yogurt, a chunk of pork cooking in the crockpot (outside) for Bigos, and all by 6:30am.  Must be weekend prep time!

I am creating... costumes for an upcoming church history weekend.  We're (personally) a little more low-key, but an inside source tells us that those in street clothes will be put in the stocks.  Pass the thread!

I am going... to be working like crazy today.  Lots of cooking, some ironing, and a little cleaning.  Not terribly exciting, but it will leave the house well prepared for the weekend.

I am wondering... what this, God willing, final year in AZ has for us.

I am reading... Persuasion.

I am hoping... Piotr's return flight is on time and uneventful.

I am looking forward to... the start of concert season.  First rehearsal is Monday!

I am learning... some serious fine-motor skills.

Around the house... girls sleeping in, boys moving through morning routines.

I am pondering... Lauren.  She left, at 16, on a long trip with her dad and returned to us last Sunday as a 17 year old.  I can't wrap my brain around that.



A favorite quote for today...


Permaybehaps, a little, tiny bit over the top,
but I just love her!

One of my favorite things... having an extended family on the weekends.

Two young friends from church join us over the weekends and teach our boys all kinds of cool stuff.  You know, chicken processing, knot tying, etc.

Last weekend it was boxing.
They put their gloves on Sebastian (left) and Jakub
and coached them through a few rounds.


Then they saddled up and showed the boys how it's really done.

 Zach and Levi

A few plans for the rest of the week... dinner with friends tonight, birthday celebration feasting tomorrow, church Sunday, appointments Monday (luthier and dentist).  Tuesday starts condo cleaning and prep to sell.

A peek into my day...

 Gabrielle beating Zach to a pulp via wii boxing.

1 comment:

  1. Hurray that Lauren is home!

    112... I'm meltinnnnngggg!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29