Monday, July 29, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook


FOR TODAY

Outside my window... black.  It's 9pm.

I am thinking... about the nice big chunk of things I got done today.  What is that about an object in motion staying in motion?

I am thankful... that Lauren is doing well on her trip thus far.  Sure, some bumps and bickering, but nothing she can't handle.

In the kitchen... a burnt-to-a-crisp Dutch oven.  Oh yeah, chipotles, sugar, Dr Pepper, on the grill, heat too high, liquids too low.  Not recommended!

I am creating... lots of little check marks along the side of my 'to-do' list.  On Sunday I start a list of everything I'd like to get done in the coming week.  Then I mark what day of the week would be best to attack each thing.  8 out of 32 done!  :)

I am wondering... how much longer the sun will be bad enough to require jeans on the shooting range.  Probably October.  Can't wait, because jeans are just gross.

I am reading... The Abolition of Man by C.S. Lewis.

I am praying... for travel sanity, safe travels, brain tumour healing, ptsd healing, and a FedEx job for Piotr when we move to TN in a year.

I am looking forward to... an upcoming trip for a church history weekend.  It's a much bigger to-do than I originally thought.  Guess who will be pulling together some 10th century costumes over the next several weeks?

I am learning... about reloading.

Around the house... Sebastian wrestling with above-mentioned Dutch oven, other offspring heading to bed.

I am pondering... could Young Living make an oil blend that one could diffuse around rude and thoughtless people that would reveal to them what they're really saying?  If so, I'd like a gallon.

A favourite quote for today... "Strength of character isn't always about how much you can handle before you break, it's also about how much you can handle after you're broken."  But I think it's not only how much you can handle, but HOW you handle it.

One of my favourite things... seeing so many little check marks along the side of my to-do list by the end of the day on Monday!

A few plans for the rest of the week... World Tour Wednesday, company for dinner Thursday, extended adopted family here Saturday/Sunday, fellowship on Sunday.

A peek into my day... Can't get the peeks going - something with the voodoo on this laptop is telling me that my photos aren't really photos.  Computers!  (Insert eye-roll here.)  Can't we just all get along?  ;)

2 comments:

  1. If that was the spicy shredded pork that burned, well... you've indeed had a TRAGEDY ;D

    I'm making check marks too! (Along with watching a two-month old...)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Saved the pork. The pot is in recovery and will probably take a week or so before it's back in action.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29