Monday, June 17, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clear blues looking towards 103 degrees.

I am thinking... Someone has made their bed, and it's a mess.  Unfortunately, true to decades of form, they have waited too long to address the issues and are now resulting to bribery to get their way.  It's the sort of situation where you scratch your head and wonder, "Does this person ever grow?"  But then immediately ask, "Where have I failed to grow because I'm also too blind to see?"

I am thankful... for the routine of beginning our 3rd quarter today.  My personal schedule has been working for 6 hours - woo hoo!

In the kitchen... iced coffee.  And, by the way, why does the 2T of sweetened condensed milk and 2T of cream required for good iced coffee have to come with so many calories?  Yeah - I'll be having HALF an iced coffee tomorrow.

I am creating... some nifty bags for the next NVSO silent auction.

I am going... to write a letter to the adoption judge in Poland.  They were very concerned about giving us the boys since we home educate.  (In Poland, children studying at home is only for mentally delayed children.)  Anyway, we did some testing with the boys (so I could see where I was lacking) and would like to share the results with the court so they can see what a fabulous idea it is and have fewer concerns with future adoptions to families that raise their own children.

I am wondering... what the Lord's plans are for our Glendale house.  It's freshly painted and the boys and I cleaned it last week, so it looks great.  We're giving a $3,000 cash carpet allowance with a full price offer, and Piotr's putting a fresh coat of paint in the garage and is also putting a nice finish on the floor.  If we hadn't just moved a year ago after moving just 9 months prior, and then moved a member of our household and then have another move in a year, I'd move back there myself.  I've always loved that house.

I am reading... Ezra.

I am hoping... for an offer on the above mentioned house - soon.

I am looking forward to... hearing the quartet practice tonight since rehearsal's at our house.  Fun!

I am learning... about Ezra via an inductive study I just began.

Around the house... children studying, quiet.  Almost time to start closing up the west side of the house and opening up the east side.  Then onto some ironing.  Not very exciting, but it works for me.

I am pondering... advanced studies for the girls.  How to get from here to - where exactly?  Why?  To what end?  Do they really need to be doing what they're currently doing?  Should they be doing something else?  If so, what, and who says?  Show me, Lord!


A favorite quote for today...

"I hesitate to articulate in fear I may deviate upon the highest degree of accuracy."
(I need to memorize this - it's much snazzier than saying, "I don't know".)

One of my favorite things... being able to do what I said I was going to do.

A few plans for the rest of the week... World Tour Wednesday, a visit to Nana in the South East Valley, delivering two birthday gifts in the East Valley, and getting ready to celebrate yet a different birthday here on Sunday.  It will require mashed potatoes, gravy, and pumpkin pie.  The rest is still up in the air.

A peek into my world...
Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. 103. Just reading that I start sweating.

    Hope the judge in Poland gets the letter and really takes it in!

    Oh my, i echo your questions about advanced studies... or ??? Wish I had "God's Best Plan" all written down for me. Oh, wait... i do. But you know what I mean!

    "Selectively social" - AMEN!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. so, did you really just have half an iced coffee the next day? lol the swd brought me here, happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yeah, and used half and half instead. Small iced coffee - 100 calories! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29