Thursday, May 9, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... clear blues, mid 80's.

I am thinking... ironing... do some ironing after the blog post!

I am thankful... for beauty for ashes.  On Sunday another mom shared the story about walking into her very little girls' room to find her just about on top of the dresser trying to get to a pacifier.  Just as the mom started to have a heart attack she relaxed and remembered that the dresser's bolted to the wall.

Thank you, Lord, for making a bitter pill a tiny bit easier to swallow.


In the kitchen... water infused with crushed strawberries.  Yum!


I am going... to plan some embroidery-heavy project so I can take the embroidery part with me to work on while at Presbytery.

I am wondering... about these next two crazy busy weekends and working to simply focus on the next thing rather than the entire schedule of lunacy.

I am reading...Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can't Stop Talking

I am praying... for the Lord to sell our Glendale house.

I am looking forward to... the NVSO Spring Romance concert next Saturday.  The girls have a duet feature, and they're announcing the winner of a hand-made violin for which both girls are competing.

I am learning... how to be a better mother to my sons.

Around the house... laundry tumbling, children studying, just as it should be!

I am pondering... the next quarter of studies already.  A little fine tuning and shifting around for everyone is is the forecast.

A passage from a book I'm reading...

Introverts often work more slowly and deliberately.  They like to focus on one task at a time and can have mighty powers of concentration.  They're relatively immune to the lures of wealth and fame. . . Introverts may have strong social skills and enjoy parties and business meetings, but after awhile wish they were home in their pajamas.  They prefer to devote their social energies to close friends, colleagues, and family.  They listen more than they talk, think before they speak, and often feel as if they express themselves better in writing than in conversation.  They tend to dislike conflict.  Many have a horror of small talk, but enjoy deep discussion.


A few plans for the rest of the week... the usual until Saturday when Lauren teaches a lesson, girls go to the Youth Orchestra party, Lauren heads to Mesa for ASTA CAPS, Gabrielle and I set up for the NVSO Donor Party, then Mr Perfect and I attend/work the party.  Sunday?  COLLAPSE!

A peek into my day... this is what happens when the girls and I run errands, followed by all the men heading to the garage for a project, leaving the dog inside by herself.  She's lonely, so goes to the chair in my closet, upon which my work-out clothes are draped, and takes them to the family room.


 Lily with my shorts.

 Lily with my shirt.

Care to Daybook?

4 comments:

  1. As a Christmas gift for my bro and SIL we gave a plethora of child-safety items, starting with several kits to bolt dressers, bookshelves, and the TV to the walls.

    While I believe in training the child, rather than COMPLETELY child-proofing the environment (and I'm pretty sure we're on the same page, here) there are risks too great to take.

    I'm recognizing myself in that quote - especially the part about enjoying being with people, but eventually wishing I was home :D

    Funny Lily!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly. They need to be trained. But until they can be trained some measures need to be taken. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Goodness, that passage about introverts definitely describes me. Except that small talk doesn't horrify me - I just listen more than I contribute.

    Hope all goes well with your crazy busy weekends!

    I had to smile at your dog having your clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree - small talk is no problem, I just don't see the point! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29