Monday, April 22, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear, high 80's.  ZZZzzz . . .

I am thinking...about this coming weekend.  There may be an XY chromosome-only camping trip, which means girls weekend here at the house.

I am thankful... that Mr Perfect noticed he had NO vacations days left for part of a planned summer trip.  (We forgot they were spent when friends came to town several weeks ago.)  Thank God he noticed this in time for us to rework some details.  Unfortunately this means we won't get to TN after Presbytery, but gads, if you don't have vacation days and you don't show up to work, they tend to fire you.  And we really like Piotr's job!  :)

In the kitchen... I'm going to have to whip up some sweetened condensed milk.  I feel a strong need for iced coffee.

I am creating... just finished covering the handles on Piotr's laptop bag.  They broke through and the duct tape, while effective, just doesn't exactly scream, "professional", ya know?  Once I have a few things done around here I'll be working on a little baby gift.

I am going... to figure the boys out if it kills me.  Apparently they can't manage the smallest common courtesies towards me, but I'm to be available for whatever they want whenever they want it.

I am wondering... how long the, "I am going . . ." is going to take me.  At this point I'm thinking this is a life-long project.

I am reading...Pride and Prejudice.  Though I did stop long enough to read One Second After.  But yikes, after that I was definitely ready to get back to Austen!

I am praying... for more traffic and a buyer for our Glendale house, some back healing for both Piotr and I, and for Gabrielle's success in an upcoming competition - for a handmade violin!  Both the girls are at the point where they're ready for decent [as in a few thousand dollars] upgrades, but their talent and our budget aren't exactly in line.  Winning this violin would put us in a place where we may then be able to upgrade Lauren's viola as well.

I am learning... that I am surrounded by the ridiculous.  And people wonder why I LOVE being at home!

Around the house... boys - probably trying to figure out what to do, girls studying.  Once I'm done here a few routine things (dust/vac master suite) I'm off to the sewing machine.

A favorite quote for today...

Wisdom hath buided her house,
she hath hewn out her seven pillars:
She hath killed her beasts;
she hath mingled her wine;
she hath also furnished her table.
Prov 9:1-2

Wisdom has her work DONE.  Folly is still working on it.


One of my favorite things...my husband.  That someone (human) actually understands me THAT well, and loves me THAT MUCH in spite of myself - wow.  He's perfect.  Seriously.

A few plans for the rest of the week... shopping, maybe, on Tuesday (I know, shaking things up, I'm a wild woman) and lessons on Wednesday.  That's it!

A peek into my day...

tBwL.socmedlogo.big 

The girls and I may do some flags while the gentlemen are away.  Information is here if you're interested.

Yeah, I kind of think, "What's THAT going to do?"  But then again . . . I remember being at the NYNY hotel in Vegas after 9/11 and all the memorials that were left around the perimeter . . . and then seeing all the quilts from around the world, remembering 9/11 that were displayed at International Quilt Market years ago.  It does do something . . . even if we can't put our finger on it.


Care to Daybook?


2 comments:

  1. Oh, my dear, sweet friend: when you figure "boys" out, will you please write a book? ... AND please send me the first copy!? *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes! I second the comment on boys! Please - fill me in! *sigh* We have moments of that exact same attitude, if it makes you fell any better.

    Oh my gosh... high 80s! Around here, it might get up to the mid-60's today. Oh well - that's great weather for yardwork ;D

    Too bad about the vacation days and trip to TN, but SO GLAD Piotr noticed the conflict! Yikes!

    When is Gabrielle's competition?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29