1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I last saw a snake a few months ago. Dead, as he crossed the road without looking both ways. I'm ok around snakes as long as I maintain the upper hand. Or a gun.
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
Luck? No. Providence and the hand of God? Absolutely.
3. Sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
Ice skating. However, it's impossible to find a nice place to do so in the desert. Oddly enough, though, I ran a sled twice last weekend (I wasn't given a choice!) and watched Piotr, Gabrielle, and the boys build a snow man.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
Every time I get through a struggle, a trial, or any period of growth. During, all I see is the pain. But s sure enough, it's not long after where I'm allowed to see at least a bit of what I was being taught. It's like the sum being greater than the equal of the parts.
If I were to list out each instance where this has happened, I'd have to start another blog for it!
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Oh . . . I don't remember! I think that means that I need to make cupcakes . . . and I think they're going to have to be THESE! (Mental note. Make minis and throw most of them in the freezer.)
6. What is something you can't say no to?
My husband's arms. Maya Cherry Green Tea. A lost dog with tags. A road trip.
7. Are you a doodler?
Sometimes. It's usually when I'm listening to a speaker and am waiting for him or her to get to their point. (Or if I'm on hold.) If someone is pinging all over the place rather than following a logical path, you'll find paisleys or vines and flowers in the margins of my notes.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Horatio Hornblower rocks.