Tuesday, February 5, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear and calm, high of 71.  But look what I found when checking the forecast for the week!



Friday Night


Slight Chance Rain/Snow



Slight Chc
Rain/Snow

Low: 36 °F

SNOW??? Now here in the desert, "Slight Chc" means "no way".  However, just that it was posted is miraculous in itself and I'll take what I can get!

I am thinking... about the details the Lord has planned for the house we're going to try to sell.

I am thankful... for the people that pour into my children, whether private music teachers, surrogate grand parents/big brothers . . .

In the kitchen...Spicy Dr Pepper Shredded Pork.


I am creating...a month by month countdown to TN chart.  We're a year and 5 months away, but things are already starting to happen, and I want this recorded.

I am going...to rest, drink, rest, drink, rest, and drink some more.  I was back at the doctor today and was, again, diagnosed with sinusitis, a sinus infection, and bronchitis.  Started round two of a heavier antibiotic and was told to, "Push fluids and stay down".


I am wondering... if it's possible to reinforce a cinder block building so it can stand up against a tornado. I'm also wondering - in how many areas of life do I need calibration?

I am reading... Restoration, though took a break to re-read The Excellent Wife over the weekend.

I am praying... for the town of Coble, TN and our church family there.


I am looking forward to...being healthy, with a voice, up and running at 100% again.


I am learning
...how to build up my boys.

Around the house...girls rearranging some rooms.  For the next month, Nana's room turns into the guest room, and the guest room turns into the music room.  Public Service Announcement - don't ask the girls to help you move large, cumbersome pieces of furniture.


One of my favorite things...finding out good news after an audition.  Gabrielle got her Regional Orchestra placing today.  7th chair in the first violins after a, "top notch audition".  Not bad for a 14 year old regional rookie when there were so many violins auditioning they called in extra judges to process them.


A few plans for the rest of the week...quiet, rest, World Tour Wednesday, quiet, rest, quiet, rest . . . WTW doesn't quite fit the, "Stay down" recommendation, but not much shy of death stops WTW.

A peek at my life . . .

We got to go to Flagstaff to play in the snow this past weekend, which requires a cabin and roasting marshmallows.

Care to Daybook?
 


2 comments:

  1. Your shredded pork sounds glorious. If I wasn't already slow-cooking some venison for French Dip sandwiches tonight...

    I'll ask Kerry about the cinder block building, though he thinks more in terms of retro-fitting for earthquakes than tornadoes.

    Big congratulations to Gabrielle - well done!

    Sorry you're still not feeling well. Hope the "big guns" do the trick this time. Stay on it... a nurse friend of mine frequently reminds me that if infection moves, it moves UP, and you don't want it going any higher (brain).

    Hope you get some SNOW!!!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for snow ... for you (since you like it). It's basically another "four letter word" for me. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29