Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear and sunny.  Not at all sad about the big, steely clouds that rolled in yesterday morning, and departed without sharing any rain.


I am thinking...about a lesson I've been learning this past month while being sick.  That will have to be its own post.

I am thankful...for healing.  I slept through the night, many hours without any aid of drugs, am dressed, cleaned my room, have done a few loads of laundry, and am not exhausted.  First time in weeks.  Oh, and my voice is back!

In the kitchen...tea, hot, and lots of it!


I am creating... a plan for Valentine's Day.  Each of us (5, as Lauren will be away) are in charge of an aspect of the evening (dinner and what have you).  Should be fun!

I am going... to help the boys research their desired areas for Valentine's Day dinner.  Jakub took beverages and Sebastian wants to be in charge of the table.


I am wondering... If the girls will be able to drop youth orchestra next season.  Last night they had youth orchestra, then sectionals, followed by NVSO rehearsal.  4.5 hours of consecutive playing.

I am praying... for some sick friends who need to heal in time for an upcoming trip, and for a sick acquaintance who had to fight for a diagnosis.  (Allergies vs pneumonia - duh!)  Also for the next several busy weeks.  Elders and house guests and selling a house, performances, etc.


I am looking forward to... the North Valley Symphony Orchestra Going Gershwin concert.  Tickets are only $5 to enjoy this great community orchestra and it's sounding amazing.  Join us!


I am learning
...that no, no one else is going to pitch in, and I'd better get over it and serve to the glory of God!

Around the house...children having a snack, laundry about ready to be shifted.  I know - thrilling!


One of my favorite things...healing.


A few plans for the rest of the week... dentist, World Tour Wednesday (I lucked out, Piotr ran it for me last week!), an Elder coming into town sometime over the weekend.

Care to Daybook?
 

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear you're feeling better! Wish I could join you for that Going Gershwin concert - sounds FUN!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29