Monday, January 21, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...sunny and hot.  It's 81 today.  EIGHTY-ONE.  That is just wrong on so many levels


I am thinking... about what the future holds for us.  Mr Perfect (yeah, I went to real names, but seriously, I do call him, "Mr Perfect".  For you diehards, his name is Piotr.) submitted proposals to his boss that would enable him to remain with FedEx when we move to TN in 2014.  The boss and the bosses boss thought they were good options, which is a good sign.


I am thankful...for a particular young man in our church.  He's made a generous offer in the event that Piotr needs to move to TN before the rest of us.  His offer will be instrumental for the boys while they and Piotr are on opposite sides of the country.

In the kitchen...Cottage Pie, thanks to the girls.


In the 3 out of 4 generations under one roof department... Nana's move date was delayed a few days.  We'll move her things on Thursday and her on Friday.  Well, that's the plan for now, at least!

I am creating... hearts!  This is the best tutorial ever.  I've been in bed for days and have used every last inch of cotton yarn making hearts.  Totally addicting.  Later I'll put them into garlands for Valentine's Day.


The best how-to-crochet-a-heart tutorial ever. 
(NOT my photo.  Please visit Rachel!)


I am going... to get better if it kills me.  Tuesday I started coming down with some crud.  By late Wednesday it was clear it's sinus problems.  The last few nights have me on the couch at 10pm, coughing every 2 to 10 minutes until after a shower (water brought in from Mordor)/steam/cough fest about 6am.  After waking for the third morning in a row with my eye crusted shut (yes, I had mucous coming out of my EYE, how gross is THAT?) I made arrangements to go to the doctor.  Called at 8, was with the CNP at 8:45 and home by 9:45.  Just a little while later Mr Perfect returned home with a goodie bag from the pharmacy.  It's quite the arsenal, but it's a sinus infection moving towards bronchitis, so bring on the ammunition!


I am wondering... how fabulous can Gabrielle possibly be?  With Lauren at her dad's and me in bed, Gabrielle has been in full charge of Nana's care, in full charge of feeding the troops, and in full charge of laundry for the last 5 days.  (On top of keeping up with her studies, practice, etc.)  Then Lauren got home last night and totally jumped in to give Gabrielle some slack.  I've got the best daughters in the world.

I am reading... I need a good book.  Who has something to recommend?  :)

I am praying...for women in a particular type of marriage.  Over the years I've noticed that there are a lot of men who are extremely deep, theologically speaking.  They can debate doctrine, they know their stuff, their understanding of church history is amazing, etc.  But their households are in ruins because they have the head knowledge but no heart application.  I've seen this in church after church, their marriages are in shambles, they're loosing the hearts of their children, and they have no idea.  It's heartbreaking to witness.  I have no doubt that there is a special place in the Lord's heart for the wives of these men.


I am looking forward to...
getting out of bed for more than 5 minutes at a time.  I have zero energy.  Even talking for a few minutes leaves me exhausted and short of breath.  And I love my bedroom and my bed.  But I'm ready to be done in here!  :)

I am learning
... nothing at the moment, frankly.  Not enough working brain cells to rub together.

Around the house... Mr Perfect working from home, Lauren taking a nap, Gabrielle and the boys studying, Nana watching the news and snoozing.  Some friends from orchestra will be over later to start working on An American in Paris with the girls.  Can't wait to listen to that practice session!

One of my favorite things... appreciating the ability to avoid allopathic/pharmaceutical medicine (for the most part) but fully aware that it has its place.  I love being able to turn to my Essential Oil Desk Reference to whip most things into shape.  However, I also love cough syrup with codeine!



A few plans for the rest of the week... bed, naps, movies, sleeping, hot tea, naps, movies, bed . . . I have no idea when I'll bounce back, so not sure how we're going to pull off World Tour Wednesday, moving Nana's things on Thursday, her on Friday, oh - and Regional Orchestra auditions for Gabrielle Saturday morning - requiring a 7:30am departure.  (I'm so thankful for my flexible/roll-with-it family!)

A peek at my life . . . amoxicillin comes in pink and black capsules now.  Cool!





Care to Daybook?
 

3 comments:

  1. I'm going to try Daybooking. I'm not sure when I'll start but it certainly gives a peek into life and it been fun to hear about your activities and thoughts about life. Thanks for sharing so openly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gracious, my heart goes out to you. Better yet, my prayers go up for you. And how wonderfully awesome that you have such a great family (hurray Gabrielle and Lauren!) who "raise their game" even higher when you're down. And yet another hallelujah for the modern medicine, which has it's place :D

    How exciting that you can say NEXT YEAR about your move!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay, I think I missed the post where you explained about going to real names - going to look for it, but do tell! :^)

    As for good books, I recommend NO MORE PERFECT MOMS by Jill Savage. Best to wait to order until Feb. 4, as there will be special offers that first week. I'm reviewing it now, though, and I think it's really good.

    In the temperature department, I don't know if it'll make you feel better or worse to hear that our wind chills have put us in the -20 to -30 category this whole week...so we've been 100 degrees colder than you! :^/

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29