Monday, January 14, 2013

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear skies, 22 to 47 degrees.  Yum!


I am thinking... about our lovely weekend.  Dinner with friends Thursday night, met our pastor and small fellowship here Saturday, full service and big fellowship Sunday.


I am thankful...for my denomination which is full of people who live their faith, not just act it.  What a breath of fresh air!

In the kitchen...Zuppa Toscana leftovers for lunch and a pan of a chicken and pasta type casserole sent home with us after fellowship last night.


In the 3 out of 4 generations under one roof department... We've got a move date for Nana, which is definitely bitter-sweet.  On one hand she says a lot of hurtful and damaging things that we have to forgive and/or undo (if it was with/to one of the children).  On the other hand, it's been such a blessing to have her here, even if it was only for a few months.

I am creating... curtains.  I don't know with what, or how, but we've got to get some curtains up around here.  The windows are too industrial-looking without, and summer will be here soon enough requiring light/heat blocking.


I am going... to order more Thieves oil in a few minutes.  Just got a bottle and am already half through it after all the gatherings of the weekend.


I am wondering... have grocery prices gone up again, or is it just me?

I am reading... Basics of Biblical Greek.  Not terribly relaxing, but it will be a good investment.

I am praying...for nice visits and safe travel home for our pastor and his family.  What a blessing their trip was for us.


I am looking forward to...
knowing that we have everything we need for an upcoming play-in-the-snow trip.  When you live in the desert, it's not like you have a closet full of snow clothes from which to pull.

I am learning
... Greek, and the thought-controlled life that Phil 4:8 requires.  We had an amazing sermon about that yesterday, and it's going to steer our study for the week.

Around the house... eating (it's lunch time), studying, blogging, killing (the dog killing her toy, that is), . . . oh, and Mom's night OFF tonight!

One of my favorite things... when the Lord forces me to get over myself in situations where I didn't even know I was full of myself [for those of you who know me, stop laughing! ;)] and then blesses me regardless.


A few plans for the rest of the week... World Tour Wednesday, strangely enough, on Wednesday, and church on Sunday.  Packing Nana in between.

A peek at my life . . .






An American in Paris

NVSO is, "Going Gershwin" at their next concert.  I can't wait until this music comes in and the girls are practicing!

Care to Daybook?
 

3 comments:

  1. So, how far do you have to go for that play-in-the-snow day? Sounds like fun!

    Hope Nana's transition is smooth for all,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are the 2nd person in as many days to mention Thieves Oil. I'm guessing it really works?

    Enjoy your snow trip. Take pictures for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Play-in-the-snow will be two hours north of us, just west of Flagstaff at Snowbowl. It's about 20 minutes from the cabin we're renting. Can't wait!

    Thieves Oil - well, if it works against Bubonic Plague, I'd say that yes, it really works. I made some Thieves lotion for public use at the two big church gatherings we had this past weekend so we could all avoid passing crud. When the big dinner was here at my house I diffused it in my Nana's room so she wouldn't be at risk to catch anything that may have been brought in. I'm also currently taking it internally to help speed along a sinus infection - it's WONDERFUL stuff!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29