Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



 1.  Share your traditions surrounding the Christmas stocking.


When we decorate, the stockings (all 'quilty', made by my mother) are hung on our book case doors.  (No fireplace here in the desert!)  Mr Perfect and I fill them after everyone else is in bed and park each stocking on a couch or chair in the family room.  Christmas morning we wake, wash up, get breakfast in the oven, pour hot drinks, and then open our stockings together.  Stocking gifts are from Mr Perfect and I, while the things under the tree are from other friends and family.

2.  How many hours of sleep do you average at night?  Is it enough?


Right now I'm getting about 7 or 8 and yes, it's just perfect!

3. If you had to give up one thing for the remainder of this year, what would it be?

Chaos.  And no, I don't mean my sewing room!  (Which is named, "Chaos".)

4. The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge (Wills and Kate as I like to call them) have announced they're expecting a baby.  Do you follow news of the Royals?

I'm always happy when a baby is expected, but why would I follow the royals?  I don't know them, they're not my friends, family, church, or clan, so no, I don't follow them.  Why?  Do they follow me?!


5. For me the sound of childhood is laughter.  The big, uncontrolled giggles that pour out of my sons.

6. Fruit cake - yay or boo?

If it's my mom's, then yay.  That door stop stuff that lasts like margarine and cockroaches?  Boo.

What's your favorite dessert made with fruit?


Chocolate Covered Cherry Cookies.

7. What is one thing you want to accomplish before 2012 comes to an end?


The planning for the first quarter of our academic year.  Can't start in January unless the planning is done in December.  Our books have come in, so now it's just needing uninterrupted time.  I'm hoping the week after next.

8. Insert your own random thought here.

The crevices of my laptop are in need of a serious vacuuming, and my mouse screen has seen so many miles it needs to be replaced.  Maybe in the new year.

Hope to Hodgepodge?  Visit Joyce!

4 comments:

  1. My laptop needs serious vacuuming too! Yipes lol Enjoy your holiday season!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter always evokes warm memories of childhood for me, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my...my laptop is in desperate need of a cleaning. There are crumbs and all kinds of stuff inbetween my keys. Yuck!
    Chocolate covered cherry cookies sound outrageous. I think we'd love them here.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate covered cherry cookies sound good : ) We make a big chewy chocolate chip cookie at Christmastime that also has dried cherries and oatmeal in it...they are decadent! Have a nice weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29