Monday, December 10, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear blue skies boasting breezes and a high of 65.  Winter has finally hit the valley, as we woke this morning in the low 40's. (And yes, I put the electric blanket on our bed this morning.  It's all relative!)

I am thinking... it feels so good to be getting some things DONE around here!


I am thankful...for mercy.

In the kitchen... two hungry boys scrounging up lunch.


In the 3 out of 4 generations under one roof department... still waiting on that move date for Nana.  When you bring in an older loved one into your home, get ready to not understand a lot of what they think/say.  It's very odd, you just have to remember, it's not really them . . . they're not all there . . .

I am creating...a more festive home.  Pulled some decor out and have it up finally.  Hoping to get a tree tomorrow night.


I am going... World Tour Wednesday tomorrow, what else?


I am wondering... what to do with my evening off tonight!  Girls back to orchestra rehearsals and boys going with Piotr.  Wow!

I am reading...Preparing My Heart for Advent.  I've been just dead lately, totally numb and uninterested.  Pulled this book out of our Christmas decor boxes this morning and am getting my nose into it.  It's time to get a grip!  This book starts readings as of Nov 1, but at this point I don't care.

I am praying...for encouragement and grace as I pull my head out from the figurative covers under which I've been for the last few weeks.

I am looking forward to...being settled, again.


I am learning
...perseverance, perseverance, perseverance, in a few different areas of life.

Around the house... All four and I worked a bunch this morning getting things straightened up and decorated.  Rose now playing piano, the boys straightening the kitchen after lunch, and Daisy getting cleaned up.

One of my favorite things...getting a grip!

A few plans for the rest of the week... Christmas tree acquisition (hopefully), World Tour Wednesday, moving Nana
(hopefully), room re-arranging, preparations for an elder's arrival to our home Friday night, full service Sunday - whoops, that means I need to make some Communion bread too!  Oh - and get ready for Fellowship to-do here at the house after service on Sunday.  Don't forget to cram that Lord of the Rings marathon in there too!

Care to Daybook?
 

2 comments:

  1. Are you trying to watch the LOTR trilogy before the Hobbit opens?! I think we'll wait until after ;D

    Glad you've got some cooler temps - always helps my clarity of thought.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOTR Extended Version Marathon is this Thursday unless we're moving Nana. Not worried about before the movie, but more prior to Daisy going to her dad's for an extended visit.

    We're not pushing to be at the theater for the first showing. We're fans, but we're not insane. I expect we'll go in the new year.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29