Monday, October 29, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...clear blue skies, in the upper 80's today, grr!

I am thinking...I just ate breakfast and I'm hungry.  Yikes!

I am thankful...for narrowing in on what may be causing Rose's skin problems.

In the kitchen...Mexican Stuffed Shells.

I am creating...shopping and 'don't-forget-to-take' lists that include cases of both wine and paint balls.  Fun!

I am going... to the dermatologist with Rose this afternoon.

I am wondering...if the doctor we're seeing today will go along with my request to have Rose tested for Celiac.

I am reading...The Right Brained Business Plan and These Three Remain.

I am praying...that today's logistics work out.  We're juggling this dermatologist appointment with Mr Perfect's work appointments, Nana (who can't be left alone), the boys (who have never been left alone [by us, anyway]), carpool, youth orchestra, and soccer practice.  It feels like a class in advanced plate spinning.

I am looking forward to... our departure next week!


I am learning
...about biblical kindness, the myriad of damage GMOs do (and if you haven't seen it yet, please make time to watch Genetic Roulette, free through October), and Celiac Disease.

Around the house...children studying, Nana resting, laundry machines going strong.
 
In the 3 out of 4 generations under one roof department... Nana just caught on that we put her flat sheet perpendicular to the bed.  Just try to explain that to a military wife of decades, I dare you!

One of my favorite things... knowing that there will be a dog in the house, most likely, by the end of the year.

A few plans for the rest of the week...Dermatologist today, the final World Tour Wednesday prior to our trip, taking Nana to the dentist Thursday, orthodontist Friday, Soccer game Saturday, church, fellowship here, and Daisy's return (vacation with her dad) Sunday.  (Could I have crammed more into the week?)

A peek into my day...
No peeks, must keep moving!
Care to Daybook?

2 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up about Nana and the perpendicular sheet... there must be a good reason for that, but I can only imagine her distress!

    And praying for Rose, that she doesn't have Celiac!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Indeed, yes. Upon arrival, Nana had a few too many incidents where she tried to get out of bed on her own in response to dreams. We've found that putting that flat sheet perpendicular, and then tucking the sides in at night keep me from having a heart attack after finding her on the floor at 1:00am!

    And thank you for the prayers. We're ruling out a contact allergen at the moment. Fun, fun, fun!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29