Monday, October 22, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
clear blue skies, about 68 degrees.

I am thinking...about breakfast.  These last few weeks have me ravenous upon return from my walks.


I am thankful...for an upcoming vacation and a generous offer made by amazing friends.


In the kitchen...two girls heading up the post-breakfast clean up.  Not long after that will be pumpkin spiced lattes.

I am creating...my quilt!  Saturday afternoon gave me the bug to work on my quilt.  I've had the top done for years, but it needed extending, sandwiching, quilting, and binding.  By the time I went to bed Saturday night all but a few feet of the binding was done.  Sunday morning saw it finished.  Woo hoo!  (Thanks
for the reminder, Mom!)




I am going...
clothes shopping with the girls on Wednesday.  Let the giggling commence!

I am wondering...what to do with the alone time I've been gifted in a few weeks!


I am reading...
Parenting by God's Promises and These Three Remain.

I am hoping...to continue another sewing project.  Leftover squares from a Yellow Brick Road need to be made into a pillow cover.


I am looking forward to... our upcoming TN trip.


I am learning...about the fruit of the spirit.  It's amazing what a good sermon series will do for this subject!

Around the house...
children studying, Nana resting, laundry machines going strong.


New Category Warning!  I've always felt a little weird about the 'I am wearing...'.  Add to that, the 'I am wondering' and 'I am pondering' are just too synonymous.  So, I whittled them down and added this next one, which is more in synch with this season of my life.

In the 3 out of 4 generations under one roof department... most parents have pictures their children have colored, or a perfect spelling test on their refrigerators.  I have a DNR
that needs to be signed off!

One of my favorite things... dog sitting.  Even when it's a dog with identity issues and baggage.  More on that later.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
World Tour Wednesday, taking Nana to the dentist Thursday, Soccer game Saturday, church Sunday.
 
A peek into my day...


Daisy, Lando, Rose, and I all got to go see a park performance by Ballet Arizona recently, featuring well, the company includes one of the young men from our church, and we were so excited to go see him on stage.  What a lovely evening!
Care to Daybook?




1 comment:

  1. Ahhh, I always enjoy these peeks into your life. And what a lovely quilt! Very versatile. Could go right into Christmas with the red and green, but not limited to that.

    Hmmm, shopping with the girls, a DNR, and a dog with identity issues... sounds like a busy household to me!

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29