Saturday, September 15, 2012

September, Thus Far

Two weeks.  I can't believe it's been two weeks.  Time to tighten the grip on what I'm doing with the time I've got.  In the mean-time, let's catch up!

The end of August brought a few birthday gifts.  Among other things were . . .



I had this lovely little mug, more of a tea-cup size, that Daisy brought me from a trip she took a few years ago.  However, with Nana's arrival, we found it was the perfect size, weight, and balance for her, so she's taken it over.  I know, poor me.  I needed a new mug.  Enter the Shakespearean Insults Mug.  Rock. On.

My Future Listography can be found here.

Then this arrived from my parents.  We gave it a spin making pear sauce for my grandmother.  Fabulous!


All American 921 21-1/2-Quart Pressure Cooker/Canner

A few days later, Rose loaded the wheat grinder (another generous gift, actually!), got it running, and came back inside for a few minutes.  Upon her return she learned what happens when one doesn't insure that the catch-bowl is properly in place.

I've had a hot water heater on fire before, but had never experienced a water-softener growing flour out of its side.


Serenity was finely dusted.  (We could have poured cake batter into her and it wouldn't have stuck.)  Instead, she got the interior deep-cleaned and a full body wash the following day.


Good Times!

3 comments:

  1. Oh dear! I bet no one will make that mistake again - and aren't you glad it wasn't inside the house?! (And a totally harmless substance ;D)

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. A friend of mine's daugther did it in their kitchen. What a mess! Good idea to work it in the garage. I'm sure the car wash will be happy to see you. Do you need to borrow the leaf blower for the garage clean up?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your life is never, ever ... boring! ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29