Monday, August 27, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
darkness.  It's 8:40pm, so tis appropriate!

I am thinking...what in the world did I do with all my time before my grandmother moved in?

 
I am thankful...for amazing children, and clearly answered prayers.


In the kitchen...Pioneer Woman's Chicken Pot Pie - however, these are open faced pies, as I flaked yesterday (no pun intended) and forgot to double the crust for the tops!  Thankfully, they're yummy anyway.

I am wearing...my favorite - jammies!


I am creating...a "Mother Load" label for posts.  I've got to get a grip on what I'm doing.

I am going... to visit sorely missed and dear friends in November!
  And for any blog stalkers who plan on robbing my home in our absence, let me know how that works out for you.  People will still be here and one is most likely a better shot than I am.  ;)

I am wondering...
what in the world did I do today?  I was up at 6am, started moving, and haven't stopped.  Yet, I couldn't tell you what I've been doing to save my life.

I am reading...
Watership Down.  (More on that in the next post.)

I am hoping...for a solid's night sleep tonight and a nice outing with Nana tomorrow.


I am looking forward to... the first North Valley Symphony Orchestra (NVSO) performance in December.  The girls are founding members and we're so excited about this new project!


I am learning...that I'm a bit strung out lately.  Time for to-do lists and grip acquisition.

Around the house...
Mr Perfect at an NVSO meeting, Daisy off to bed, boys asleep, Rose working on her book.  I'm clearly blogging, and Nana's watching a little news before going to sleep.

A favorite quote for today..."What the hell ya doin'!?"  If you've seen Leap Year and remember the scene early on when Anna's room has fallen apart and Declan walks in to see the mess, then you know the accent and method of delivery of which I speak.


One of my favorite things...watching Mr Perfect chat with Nana.  He's perfect - in case you weren't sure.

A few plans for the rest of the week...
yikes.  Nana had physical therapy today, and a hair appointment tomorrow, I've got World Tour Wednesday, Nana's cardiologist appointment Thursday, and the weekend OFF.  (Well, relatively speaking!)

A peek into my day...give me a few, the next post is photo intensive!  :)


Care to Daybook?


1 comment:

  1. * Looking forward to 'photo intensive' post
    * Laughing in sympathy at need for 'grip acquisition'
    * And still in sympathy for the "what did I do with all my time before..." (I had a baby, I had another baby, I had still another baby, i started homeschooling, etc.)

    Mostly, glad to see you back in the blogosphere, and feeling an ultra-sisterly connection as we had turkey pot pie for dinner tonight.

    Julie G

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29