Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window... cloud dotted blue skies, 100-ish with 50% humidity.


I am thinking...my grandmother is moving here on Friday and there are still so many details that need to fall into place by Thursday night!

 
I am thankful...for preparation, a flexible family, a strong husband who really leads us.


In the kitchen...a fast-growing grocery list.

I am wearing... a nightgown.  I walked my 2.5 miles, returned, showered.  But it's just too hot and humid for real clothes right now!  (That and I may just crawl back into bed for a morning nap.  I'm wiped!


I am creating...
an embroidered name sign for a lovely family by special request.  I NEVER would have picked these colors, but am looking forward to seeing how it turns out.

I am going...
on World Tour Wednesday tomorrow, what else?  Dentist, shopping, lessons, packing up Nana, etc.  Gads, I'm hot and sweaty just thinking about it.  Blech!

I am wondering... exactly how much foolishness one can stand up against.


I am reading... He Gave Us Stories for the CVP class we're taking.



Product Details

I am hoping...for wondrous blessings . . .


I am looking forward to...seeing fruit.  It was a mostly pits sort of day yesterday!


I am learning...about prayer via Pastor Lovett.  (You can find his sermons here.  They're perfect for my walk and cool down in the early, relatively quiet mornings.)

Around the house...
Tuesday routines, breakfast, bathrooms, studies.  I, however, am taking a chick-flick and pedicure break at noon when a friend arrives to join me!

I am pondering...
the enormous amount of provision I need!

A favorite quote for today...From the ashes a fire shall be woken . . . (Tolkien)


One of my favorite things...
Finding an Echo and the Bunnymen cd in Daisy's purse.


Songs to Learn & Sing

 

A few plans for the rest of the week... chick flick and pedicures today, World Tour Wednesday plus moving Nana's stuff, the moving HER on Friday.  Prayers appreciated!

A peek into my day...



This was my dining table a week ago.  FUN!  Had to laugh though, HanSolo looks guilty of something, doesn't he?

Care to Daybook?


1 comment:

  1. Love the pic of the family (plus extras) at the table :D
    Hope you'll post pics of the name sign!
    And am praying for you all and Grandma.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29