Tuesday, June 19, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
clear and sunny, high of 107.

I am thinking...
about some meals for which I should be planning!

I am thankful...
for friends.  The serious ones that will help you move when it's a zillion degrees outside - happily.  For Rose who disappears and returns after getting all the newly moved beds set up and made.  For all four children who crank and get the condo cleaned in 2 hours.  For wonderful potential renters who called back and want the place.  Woo hoo!

In the kitchen... chocolate chip cookies, lots

I am wearing...
jammies.  It's only 8:15, don't want to rush into anything.

I am creating... stacks of empty boxes.  Bliss!  :)


I am going... on World Tour Wednesday today.  Yes, I know it's not Wednesday.  I'm busy tomorrow so must do the tour today.


I am wondering...
 about when I'll be fully, truly, rested again.  I'm holding up ok, but I can feel it behind my eyes - that tired that says, "Nap now?  Please?"

I am reading...
to-do lists, shopping lists, to-pack lists.  Pure literature for the insanely busy month.

I am hoping...
to get our errands done and be home pretty early today.

I am looking forward to...
departing for Colorado tomorrow morning with Daisy.

I am learning
... that the boys need to get back to studies - FAST!

Around the house... cookies cooling, Mr Perfect working, Daisy shredding chipotle pork, Rose putting some clean dishes away.  Boys milling about upstairs.


I am praying...
for a Cochlear Implant activation today.  Oh Tate, I'm so excited for you and praying for success!

A favorite quote for today..."Is it nap time?"


One of my favorite things...
referring to the secondary, down-stairs bedroom as, "Nana's room", and seeing things ordered for her start to come in.

A few plans for the rest of the week... Colorado!  Drive up Wednesday,
return Sunday.  Can't wait!

A peek into my day...



Our recent TN trip turned Lando into quite the chicken wrangler.
"That's great, though would you please take the rooster outside now?"


Care to Daybook?

2 comments:

  1. Wow! The boys have grown so much, since we saw you last fall!

    We really appreciate the prayers for Tate today, and wish you well on your CO trip. I'm SO WITH YOU on being tired! Loooong day today, but a good one :D

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29