Monday, May 14, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
hot, sunny, and clear.
(I've got to just put that in the daybook template, it's not going to change for months.)

I am thinking...
a little more clearly now that I've had a nap.  I was awake from 3-5am, got up, worked out, showered, ate, and went back to bed.  For 2.25 delicious hours.  Mmm . . . yes!

I am thankful...
that we can take life one day at a time, rather than all at once.

In the kitchen...
coffee!  (I just got up, you know!)  A lot of odd stuff in the fridge, but so much food that I refuse to cook or shop until it's all consumed.  I just may get to skip the majority of shopping this Wednesday.

I am wearing...
my uniform.  Black tank, cranberry linen oxford, denim skirt, bright pink flips.

I am creating...
packed boxes.  The library is done, chaos is today, and the master bedroom tomorrow.

I am going...
to make a dental imaging appointment for Lando who's next up for braces.  Yikes!

I am wondering...
how is it that the boys can take a normal, should-be-easy day and make it such a mess - yet days that one would think may be a little harder - they sail right through?

I am reading...
Tales of Beetle the Bard.  (I found it used at Bookman's and just packed my library, so what was I supposed to do?)

I am hoping...
for some fabulous family to come rent our condo.  It would be really nice if that were locked down in the next 7-10 days.

I am looking forward to...
June.
Our ridiculous, crazy, 5,000+ mile, jam-packed, speed-of-light June.

I am learning...
to really love my e-reader.  I'm a cover, binding, parchment kind of gal, but while my library's packed for the next month, and with all the travel coming up, I'm super thankful for my Sony.

Around the house...
Boys studying, Daisy munching lunch, Rose reading.  After this blog post, it's packing for me.

I am pondering...
the adjustments we're in for after we settle from this next move and bring my grandmother in.  Blessings, but adjustments.  Prayers appreciated!



Nana and Mom during Mom's last visit.

A favorite quote for today this month...
"When you do stuff, stuff gets done!"

One of my favorite things...
the massive, exotic flowers that Mr Perfect bought for me.





 Athyrium

Day Lily

 Hagrid's Boutonniere

Bird of Paradise

A few plans for the rest of the week... final orchestra rehearsal tonight, vet Tuesday morning, dental imaging tomorrow afternoon, World Tour Wednesday, studio recital
Thursday evening, Elder/family arrive here Friday, Chamber Music Camp auditions Saturday morning, 2 concert performances Saturday afternoon (Aesop and Other Musical Tales - particularly fun for children too, all tickets only $5!), fellowship after church on Sunday.

A peek into my day... The old nightgowns were a little droopy.  This was one of two I recently made.






Care to Daybook?


2 comments:

  1. Where exactly is your condo? Email me with info. I know of a family that might be interested. Not sure, but I can maybe connect you with them. :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sure IS an E-ticket ride! Praying for smooth sailing,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29