Monday, May 7, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

FOR TODAY

Outside my window...
clear, blue skies.

I am thinking... I love peace, the kind that surpasses all understanding . . .

 
I am thankful... for dear, dear friends.  The kind whom one is honored to accompany through hell.


In the kitchen... Pioneer Woman Asian Noodle Salad.
Ridiculously good.  Makes a ton.  Filling.  Cold.  It's going to be my go-to meal for the summer.  And with chopped sesame Tilapia on top?  Yum!

I am wearing... uniform desert denim
skirt, royal blue t-shirt, sandals.

I am creating... a packing list.  As in a we're-moving-again packing list.  No, I'm not kidding.


I am going... 2 days east.  Then 20 minutes north.  Then a day north.  Then a day west.  All in one month.


I am wondering...how many e-tickets does one get per life?  I'm pretty sure I've about used my quota.


I am reading...H.P. and the Half Blood Prince.
  I was trying for something more serious along side, but life took another big turn Wednesday, so I'll stick with this alone through its completion.

I am hoping... to simply concentrate on the next thing that needs to be done.


I am looking forward to... seeing friends in June!
  There's a countdown calendar on the fridge for the children, but I think I look at it more than they do.  :)

I am learning
... that we plan, and God laughs.  Sometimes quite hard!

Around the house... finally getting through Monday morning
routines (yes, at 1:30pm).

I am pondering... God's grace, and its abundance.


A favorite quote for today...
"He's an original."

One of my favorite things... figuring out how to eat elephants.  (One bite at a time!)


A few plans for the rest of the week... lessons Wednesday, friends over Saturday.  Nice, quiet (it's all relative) week.


A peek into my day...


Moving_boxes : A stack of cardboard boxes isolated on a white background. Stock Photo

More on this later!




Care to Daybook?


3 comments:

  1. "More of this later!?" Girl, I'm anxiously awaiting. What's up? I hope it's good news ... leading to the good news we are all waiting on.

    ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. BTW ... Thanks for the encouragement today. I sure did need it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, email me an update about this, okay? :^)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29