Tuesday, May 1, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
clear, sunny, 90's.

I am Thinking
about finishing our second quarter strong by the end of May so June is relatively free and clear, academically speaking.

I am Thankful For
new mercies.  Every. single. day.

I am Creating
Hmm . . . in between projects at the moment.  I need to make a skirt for the futon though.  Tired of looking at the workout mats stored underneath!

I am Reading
Same as last week.  I'm taking H.P. a chapter each night so that will be a while, and am in a bit of a slump in the other book/s.

I am Praying
about the possibility of finalizing a 4-month long battle by the end of the week, an amazing job situation, a cross-Pacific move, and an upcoming surgery.  (No, the job, move, and surgery are not me!)

I am Hearing
the washing machine hum behind the normal buzz that constitutes our morning routines.

From the Kitchen
Green smoothies/juice, LOTS!

Around the House
Some light straightening up in preparation for Faith Lessons here tonight.

We are Learning
how to be kind to each other.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Dinner on Tag-Team Tuesdays.

Mozzarella Sticks
(We'll try making the baked kind instead next time around.)


 Polish Hamburgers
(1/2 beef, 1/2 pork served with mushroom sauce)
Carrot Salad
Potatoes



Chocolate Mousse
Fresh Whipped Cream


Plans for the Week
Faith Lessons tonight, errands & a visit to the Grandmothers Wednesday, orthodontist Friday - not to mention National Star Wars Day, and Mom leaves Saturday.  :(

On my Mind
When children are born or adopted very young into a family, they learn how to have relationships in baby steps.  Older adopted children must learn years worth of relational lessons at light speed.

A Peek at My Life


Some of the glorious rain we got to enjoy last week.
That's probably the end of it until August or September.

Care to Daybook?


6 comments:

  1. So maybe it's not just me in this reading slump?
    Kindness is a constant lesson isn't it? I know it is in our house.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first visit to your blog. You have a nice place here. I enjoyed your daybook. We have 2 adopted children and your "on my mind" is so very true! Thanks for sharing, hope to be back around soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so grateful for new mercies. Every. Single. Day. Too! Boy, I need it!

    Your dinner looks scrumptious. What time is it served? J/k

    We are needing rain, too. Weird because this time last year we were flooded.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  4. God bless you for mothering those children. My mother and my hubby's mother were both adopted into wonderful families. I had the BEST grandmother in the world:) Happy May Day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your pic of rain... RAIN! Wish I could share some with you.

    So glad you gave a disclaimer about the job and the move not being YOU ;D

    Praying for your four-month battle,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29