Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Wednesday Hodgepodge



1. Spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?

Anything with color, and desert brown/black doesn't count.  Stellar's Jay, Cardinal, Hummingbird, etc.

2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.


No.  I have an account, but stopped using it once I realized that I wanted "deep".  Twitter/facebook just doesn't fit that bill.

3. Its been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?


Bring it on.  Be who you are 24/7, in every arena, and you'll have nothing to hide.  I know a hire situation where the girl interviewed quite well for a professional position, but once her facebook page was reviewed the boss decided to not make the offer.  Don't have different lives and different faces.  It's like lying, you can't always keep track of it, and they'll eventually collide.

4. It's April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?

I don't do baseball.  It's too slow, and I find sweaty, nervous men in ugly uniforms spitting, scratching, chewing like cows, and twitching completely unappealing, so I couldn't even name a baseball themed movie.  Sports-movie-wise, though, I do like Facing The Giants.  The death crawl scene still makes me teary-eyed.

5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?

Yes please and in any fresh form!

6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)

My children - there is so much to teach, so much to pour into them, so little time.  Also my future life - there is so much to shore up before getting there.  The time must be invested so carefully!

7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?

I can juggle my husband, four children, three languages, home education, two orchestra schedules, four pieces of property, etc.  Flying objects in the air?  No.

8. Insert your own random thought here.


Isn't it sad that finding a couple that is celebrating their 54th wedding anniversary is so rare?

Interested in more Hodgepodge?  Visit Joyce!
 

4 comments:

  1. We're coming up on #28 and actually I'm finding even that is pretty rare!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My husband was married 30 years to his first wife, and they divorced. As a man of faith, this was devastating to him and to his family. We have been together for five years, and I love him dearly. But if I could go back and time and be his friend then, I would have prayed like crazy for his family to remain intact.

    My first marriage was devastating, but we were only together for a short time, and if I had stayed with him, he would have continued to cheat and I never would have found God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 54 years! That's wonderful! Friends? Relatives?

    My parents have been married 47 and I'm really looking forward to celebrating their 50th. We NEED to celebrate and make a big deal over marriage :D

    In fact, sometimes - instead of an anniversary card - I send a Thank you card... thank you for being faithful and true, thank you for setting a good example for other couples, thank you for doing the hard work of staying married. Because let's be honest, it IS hard.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agreed, Ellen, God always uses the hurt for our benefit!

    Julie, the anniversary couple helped us found our church. They are the nicest people, such a dear couple, godly, amazing. Love your thank you note idea.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29