Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Blowers damaging my calm.  Can't complain though, the grounds crew comes every Friday, does a fabulous and quick job, and we don't lift a finger.  They'll be gone soon enough and our common areas will be spiffy clean!

I am Thinking
About a son, with whom I don't know what to do.

I am Thankful For
Generous friends!  I've been stashing bits of cash for a grain mill and ordered one Friday night.  Saturday morning a dear friend emailed and asked if I wanted hers that she no longer uses.  I cancelled my order, zipped to her house, and returned home not only with the mill, but with some ingredients to boot.  What a fabulous gift!

I am Creating
Just finished a scarf.  Now trying to finish a hat, that I have crocheted and pulled apart twice thus far.  (Found the pattern on Pinterest and WOW it makes up BIG!)  Several UFOs I'm trying to finish up.

I am Reading
The Autobiography of Ben Franklin, HP and the Half-Blood Prince.  Still on both, must get a move on.

I am Praying
About that son I can't figure out.

I am Hearing
Kitchen activity.  We're about 5 minutes from breakfast by my reckoning.

From the Kitchen
Team Dinner Night!  I'm partnered with Rose and we're making appetizers.  Photos tomorrow or Thursday, I'm sure!

Around the House
Getting our Costco run done today, working on several jobs around the house, some light cleaning, prepping the fridge for big shopping tomorrow, working on those UFOs, etc.

We are Learning
Peace . . . we love peace!  :)

A Few of My Favorite Things
Being used as a sounding board and knowing that the sounder walks away feeling just a little bit lighter.

Plans for the Week
Team dinner night tonight, World Tour Wednesday, a birthday party (93!), orchestras Monday, Faith Lessons Tuesday.

On my Mind
My son.  What in the world is it going to take?
(Gads, slight theme here?!)

A Peek at My Life

This is what was gifted to me . . .


which enabled me to use my stash for this . . .
which will help in my quest to rid my kitchen of the few packaged and bottled supplies we still use.

And I guarantee that we'll be milling grain and pressing home made pasta within hours of receiving those pasta roller attachments.  Can't wait!


Care to Daybook?



2 comments:

  1. Oh, God (and His people) are good that way! So glad you got your grain mill.

    And, sister, I am with you in the parenting struggles. If not right this minute, just wait a day or two...

    I have met your kids, though, and I think you're doing a FABULOUS job. Big picture!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for wisdom on parenting your son.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29