Monday, April 16, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Clear blue skies, light breeze, high of 83 expected.

I am Thinking
I love my life!


I am Thankful For
Fabulous friends who faithfully pray.


I am Creating
A skirt for the futon (need to hide the workout mats/etc).

I am Reading
Too many books at once and something's GOT to go!  Franklin's autobiography, HP and the Half-Blood Prince, a Scottish murder mystery I picked up at the library, and then I just brought home William Wilberforce on loan from a friend.  Yikes!  I might ditch that library book and work faithfully on Franklin today.


I am Praying
For complete closure on our adventure of the last few months.  More on that when it's over.

I am Hearing
Rose bossing the boys around.


From the Kitchen
Roasted chicken heading into the oven (dinner prep), breakfast (not sure what that's going to be yet), coffee.


Around the House
Studies, routine cleaning, rest this afternoon in preparation for orchestras for the girls this evening.  Mondays are my night off, but I'm not sure what I'm doing with my time tonight.  Sew?  Read?  Hmm . . .


We are Learning
Gads, what AREN'T we learning these days?!


A Few of My Favorite Things
My happy, content family, plans for the future, upcoming trips . . .

Plans for the Week
Orchestras, Faith Lessons, World Tour Wednesday, Mom's arrival into town, Pirates of Penzance rehearsals and performances.


On my Mind
A dog.  Sweet old Boxer/Pit mix, belongs to the neighbor's son, but he's never there (seriously, once a month maybe) she's never home, has a few businesses, is moving soon, etc.  We found him wandering twice after she left the back gate open.  She brought him here for doggie-daycare today.  I just hope she finds a permanent solution for this old guy.  (And yes, we've offered to take him.)

A Peek at My Life

 
Rosco is a very good boy, learned to use the dog door quickly, no accidents, lays on a dog bed we put together for him, etc.  But when we're all in other rooms (me in the kitchen, the boys studying at the table, the girls practicing upstairs) he goes stealth and quietly climbs up onto the futon.  We're working on this, however I do fold that quilt up when we leave the house just in case!

Care to Daybook?

2 comments:

  1. I so appreciate/admire your peaceful content attitude (and I know how hard that is, sometimes!) in light of recent developments.

    Praying for grace and wisdom,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum, roasted chicken sounds delicious. It is very warm here today too.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29