Friday, April 27, 2012

Pinteresting Observations

Have you been around Pinterest in the last few months?

The Ryans, Gosling and Reynolds.  I don't know who they are or what they do.  While they're not offensive, I just don't get the draw.

"Wish I Looked Like Her" photos - ladies, even those ladies don't look that good.  Every photo out there is touched up/air-brushed/photoshopped/you name it.  Check this out.  Amazing, huh?  Do the best you can with what you've got (inside and out!) and get on with life.

Those lists of workout moves to do applied over a photo of some 19 year old fitness and nutrition major who works out for a living?  Those moves are not going to leave you looking like her.  They may leave you stronger, sure.  But they aren't this-list-fixes-all moves.

"OH EM GEE"  If you're going to say, "Oh my God!"(which I wouldn't recommend) , but want to shorten it to, "OMG!", then why in the world would you then write the initials out phonetically, "OH EM GEE!"?  It's the same number of key strokes!

The pins of graphics about how to get more retweets, 'likes', and blog readers . . . who are you doing this for, anyway?  Really?  Could high-school please be over now?

The photo of Mrs. Obama wearing skin tight pants and looking like a hooker . . . no, that's not high class, nor great style, and I find it hard to believe that Jackie O would be proud of someone married to a U.S. president dressing like a hooker.

Thank you for letting me get that off my chest.  I feel much better now.


4 comments:

  1. I'll be honest I wish I looked like them....at least the edited version of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love This. I can only think of one word .... Agreed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, yes. Pinterest where we all hang out filling our heads with the perfection we think everyone else has attained so we can feel inspired for a moment, and then frustrated as we realize how far short we fall of a fiction we've created in our own minds.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like other things, it's up to us to use it for good or evil. Personally, I find a lot of nice ideas for my future home, sewing tutorials, and recipes - none of which have yet disappointed! :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29