Monday, February 6, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
I know, I'm so ungrateful about AZ weather.  Look what's outside my master bedroom balcony in the photo at the bottom of this post!  I whine and am rewarded regardless.  A.ma.zing.

I am Thinking
What a lovely weekend we had.  Simple obligations on Saturday, and productivity and rest on Sunday followed by a great night's sleep.

I am Thankful For
The peace of Christ which surpasses all understanding.

I am Creating
Another name sign for a long-long-long-awaited miracle for our dear cousins.  Asia and Kuba are expecting a boy in May and we are so thrilled!

I am Reading
The Sheer Ecstasy of Being a Lunatic Farmer by Joel Salatin.

I am Praying
For wisdom, peace, wisdom, peace, wisdom, peace.

I am Hearing
The washer and dryer, pages being turned at the dining table, the girls practicing upstairs.

From the Kitchen
Leftovers from yesterday.  Nathan's Famous Football Dip (1# gr beef, browned, then add 8oz cream cheese, 1 jar salsa, melt/heat through and serve w/tortilla chips), Rustic Veggie Tart, Baked Brie with Pecans, and Dark Chocolate Salted Caramel Tart.

Around the House
The girls are practicing Come Ye Sinners, as they're introducing the song to our church.  Always reminds me of Heritage in TN.

We are Learning
Kindness, and the fine art of butting out.

A Few of My Favorite Things
The Alto Clef.

Plans for the Week
Mon - Orchestras, Tuesday - helping a lovely friend and sewing for Nana, Wednesday - errands and Praise Orchestra rehearsal for Rose, Thursday - appointment with attorney, Friday - orthodontist x 2, Saturday - ladies breakfast here, lunch with our elder and his family here, PMAZ box office & orchestra performance, Sunday - quiet morning, full church service, orchestra performance, fellowship meal when we can get there.

Yes, I'm keeping next Monday and Tuesday clear for recovery!  :) 

On my Mind
Poland.  Good memories, and just very excited for the baby mentioned above.

A Peek at My Life


 

Care to Daybook?



1 comment:

  1. Oh, that IS a beautiful view... when it's not 110!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29