Tuesday, January 3, 2012

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
A little smoke from the kitchen.

I am Thinking
About home made tortillas.
(By the way, if you try this recipe, I mixed the water and oil [I used olive] and streamed it, slowly, into my Kitchen Aide (dough hook).  Also, I did not add the last 1/2 C of water/oil, the dough would have been too mushy.)

I am Thankful For
Capable daughters always ready to jump in to help.
(Because, yeah, after two dozen, my hands were not happy.  My stomach, however, was pleased with its workout!)

(Rose in action.  This is not for wimps!)



I am Creating
A daybook entry about tortillas.
Did you notice the subtle theme here?  ;)

I am Reading
About this tortilla press that is now on my wishlist.

I am Praying
OK, not about tortillas, but about an important meeting I have tomorrow.

I am Hearing
Girls chattering.

From the Kitchen
Tortillas!

 (Lauren heading up the cast iron skillets.)

Around the House
Laundry, studies, tortillas.


We are Learning
How to make home made tortillas.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Friends who pray for me.
Working with competent people.
Going into meetings confidently.
Home made tortillas.

Plans for the Week
Purchase a tortilla press.
(Dear Carpal Tunnel, we've met before, but I don't particularly care for you and am unwilling to go back to industry tortillas.)
Important meeting on Wednesday, guests after church on Sunday.

On my Mind
Exodus 14:14.

A Peek at My Life

No, they're not perfectly round.
But then again, the three of us are only 50%, 25%,
and 25% Mexican.  Thus, the tortillas are only going
to be between 25 and 50% round.


Care to Daybook?

1 comment:

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29