Monday, December 19, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Christmas lights twinkling out the back, fall colors decorating the front.

I am Thinking
We survived the girls' concert series this weekend, yeah!

I am Thankful For
So many who are interceding on behalf of my family.

I am Creating
A few gifts for the children.

I am Reading
Parenting by God's Promises:How to Raise Children in the Covenant of Grace 
I'm only part way through it, but already know that after the first read through I'm going to have to go through it again and really study it chapter by chapter.  What a wealth of information!

I am Praying
For the RC Sproul Jr and his children, and traveling mercies for all those heading their way.
For divine intervention for my family's situation

I am Hearing
The clock ticking, the air purifier humming . . . white noise.

From the Kitchen
Cappuccino with a shot of Cinnamon Dolce syrup.

Around the House
With the concerts over and Daisy home, we'll be getting our tree today.  Apart from that it will be standard bedroom cleaning, a little cooking, and that pile of ironing.  Not terribly exciting, but blissfully routine.

We are Learning
To rest in the ultimate, Wonderful Counselor.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Peace.

Plans for the Week
Quiet and routine.  Finish a few Christmas gifts.  Lessons/errands Wednesday.  Girls helping a friend at her dog kennel Thursday and Friday.

On my Mind
Just trying to keep my mind quiet, while wondering what in the world the Lord has in mind for us for 2012.

A Peek at My Life
Check back later!

Care to Daybook?


1 comment:

  1. I happen to love the "blissful routine". Praying peace and joy for us all this week,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29