Monday, October 31, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
We're not getting up over 90 this week.
I bet that I see someone in a sweater on Wednesday.
No kidding.

I am Thinking
About changes.
This last year has brought many of all varieties.

I am Thankful For
Mr Perfect.  He really is fabulous.  He took all four children to youth orchestra and I have a mini vacation with the added benefit of them all being home in a few hours.

I am Creating
Painted pieces of skid, and they're turning out GREAT!

I am Reading
The Three Musketeers

I am Praying
For wisdom, understanding,
wisdom, understanding,
wisdom, and understanding.

I am Hearing
The clock tick.

From the Kitchen
Leftover Chicken Orzo Salad

Around the House
Nothing.  And it's bliss for now!

We are Learning
How to serve without always wanting to know what's in it for ourselves.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Making nice birthday gifts.
One for a niece and one for a friend.

Plans for the Week
Figuring out how many pairs of jeans no longer fit my disobedient sons who simply INSIST on growing, no matter how many times I clearly instruct them to STOP.  ;)

On my Mind
A January California trip that may allow me to meet some very special people whom I've never before met.
A Peek at My Life


This is the rock Lando brought me earlier this week.
I'm pretty sure I'll have this one forever.



Care to Daybook?


4 comments:

  1. Love the rock :D

    What are "painted pieces of skid"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Painted pieces of skid - it's for a super fun project we're working on for the back yard. Hope to have photos up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so excited for you! Your January trip to California is going to be great! I'm missing those very special people and can't wait to see them again myself!

    ReplyDelete
  4. AWESOME rock. And I was just about to ask what a "skid" was, but according to previous comments, I'll just have to wait and see. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29