Monday, October 24, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
A clear, cool morning, heading to the low 90's today.
Autumn in the desert!

I am Thinking
About my to-do list for today.
It's not overwhelming or spectacular,
just seems to be a nice assembly of things.

I am Thankful For
Email.

I am Creating
Finished baseboards, two embroidered gifts, academic plans for next year.

I am Reading
The Three Musketeers

I am Praying
For the wisdom and understanding needed to build and establish my house - with a focus on what to do with studies for 2012.
Also for clear sinuses.  Had a party with pain and vertigo Saturday night.  Not. Recommended.

I am Hearing
The hum of the dryer, Mr Perfect flipping pages.

From the Kitchen
Pumpkin spice coffees.

Around the House
I hear water running.
Some offspring must be up!

We are Learning
How to function with one refrigerator.
Possible, but wondering about how many turkeys I can fit in there when they go on sale.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Turning virtual friends into face-to-face friends!

Plans for the Week
Routines, inventory clothing for a cool-climate trip we're taking, come up with an academic plan for 2012, continue on our latest post-project.

On my Mind
SunBrat and Niece 2.

A Peek at My Life


I got to meet a blog friend a few weeks ago at the Grand Canyon.
Have you ever met a woman who can Herd Grasshoppers?

Her entire family is absolutely delightful, and makes one want to cancel plans and continue on vacation with them.


Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. Wish we had had more days to share - so much fun to meet you all in person!

    Glad your week looks pleasant, but that's an awful dilemma about the turkeys! Any friends have freezer space to share?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jealous! I wanna meet you. I'd love to chat over some of that pumpkin coffee. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. PLEASE let me know if you're ever in the area, I'd happily drive to meet you too, or you can come here and have coffee! :)

    And if I ever get to the PNW, I'm calling you too!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29