Monday, September 12, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
sunny, a few clouds, a light breeze,
and LESS THAN 100 DEGREES!


Welcome to 'fall' in the desert!

I am Thinking
God is so good!
We have renters for the Anthem house
and are thus moving.
I'll share that story soon!

I am Thankful For
a successful garage sale this past weekend.


I am Creating
the need for even less space,
and packed boxes!


I am Reading
Psalms and Proverbs.
Need to keep it simple for a while.


I am Praying
that we can continue this pace,
and that our plans for the next few weeks will work.

I am Hearing
The hum of the air conditioner,
and the other hum of the ceiling fan behind me.


From the Kitchen
iced coffee.
We need another kick to make the push
through the afternoon 'to pack' list!


Around the House
PACKING!


We are Learning
how to thin out even more,
and we're fine tuning our packing skills.


(Yes, this is the first day of our forth quarter.
Let's call it a unit study on life skills, shall we?)


A Few of My Favorite Things
watching the girls perform their first wedding gig, 
watching them give a little tiny bit back to those who lost loved ones in 9/11 as they performed the Mozart Requiem for two shows yesterday.  Honor guard, bag pipes, station bells, the works.
Good Job ProMusica! 


Plans for the Week
pack, pack, an abbreviated World Tour Wednesday, pack, see what kind of shape the condo is being left in, ladies breakfast, football game, dinner with church families including our elder and his family (yeah!), church, dinner here afterwords.  And the best part?  My mom is coming down!  :)


On my Mind
are we really paring down enough to move
from 2300 square feet to 1700?


We'll see!


A Peek at My Life


 Daisy killed an Orc on Friday.
Always an adventure around here!


Care to Daybook?

2 comments:

  1. So much good news from your neck of the woods! (Do I dare tell you that we had temps in the mid 70's today? Feels like fall, all right.)

    I love your "forth quarter" - as in "pack up and go forth" :D

    And good for your girls, playing the Requiem. Amen.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heehee, yeah that ork... WOW! With my own bare hands, yeah baby!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29