Monday, September 5, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
You know, I think I'm going to drop this prompt or replace it with something else.  Writing various forms of "clear, sunny, hot" 360 days a year is just boring!

I am Thinking
The Lord's perfect timing is usually my eleventh hour.

I am Thankful For
My church, and faithful and applicable teaching by men who don't compromise.  Ahh . . . refreshing!

I am Creating
Girly stuff!  (Wait for the "Peek at My Life"!)

I am Reading
The Minor Prophets


I am Praying
For renters for the Anthem house to come to us sooner rather than later.

I am Hearing
Lando dictate his morning bible to Mr Perfect.  Not easy, as he reads it in English, but speaks Polish when conversing with Mr Perfect.  The boys learn LOTS of Polish vocabulary this way!
 
From the Kitchen
Coffee!

Around the House
Sorting through a few years worth of Everyday Foods.  Exciting!  ;)

We are Learning
How fabulous less STUFF can be!

A Few of My Favorite Things
Learning how to make cool stuff.
(Useful stuff, not "stuff" you have to dust, etc!)

Plans for the Week
Football practice, pick up Daisy, lessons, errands, rehearsals, dentist appointments, having a garage sale, a wedding gig for the girls, a game for the Hammer, Mozart Requiem, (rolling across the country in remembrance of the victims of 9/11.  Click the link for more info.)

On my Mind
These next few busy weeks - and we don't even know if we're moving yet!

A Peek at My Life

My first go at lip balm.



This stuff is GREAT!  I have super dry lips and this is silky soft and doesn't just disappear two minutes later.  It lasts for hours!  The colors don't transfer very much at all, but that's ok - my main goal was the moisture.  Next time I'll watch them solidify and will drop in a little more so as to avoid the pit and hole in on top of the new tubes.


My first go at a leather wrapped bracelet.


It needs a more interesting clasp, but not bad for my first round.  Though I must admit I now want to go buy the cording in a few different colors and am re-thinking the beads that are in the garage sale pile!  :)


Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. Oh, lip balm is on my list of things to try too. How fun! The bracelet is cute!

    Hmm, we could have so much fun crafting together! Maybe its a good thing we will not be too close? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that the boys can continue with Polish!

    Well done, crafty you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You stay so busy! I hope you get some "down time" soon. Since we move every 2-3 years, I know how it feels to get rid of "stuff" and move on.

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29