Monday, August 29, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
clear skies and heat advisories all week.

I am Thinking
if we really crank, we'll have finished thinning the house by the end of the week.  Ahead of schedule would be really, really good.  There is SO much garage sale stuff.  Sorting and prepping that will take up the 'extra' time.

I am Thankful For
honest, qualified, upright, godly men, who boldly preach the word of God.

I am Creating
the need for less space.

I am Reading
the minor prophets.

I am Praying
for the Lord's will in this new venture, renters for our Anthem house, for the Lord to keep me focused on today's tasks, rather than all the crazy stuff 'tomorrow' has.

I am Hearing
the chatter of children moving through their morning routines.

From the Kitchen
veggies/macaroni/cheese being prepped for lunch.


Around the House
more space!

We are Learning
how to let stuff go.  Sure gets easier with practice.

A Few of My Favorite Things
watching the Hammer nail a tackle.

Plans for the Week
thinning out, football practices/game, music lessons . . .

On my Mind
my horrible, selfish, messed up, extended family.

Something to Share
this fabulous sermon on food.
I thought it was just me who thought so many food/diet issues were creeping in.  This man has nailed it.

Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. I'm cracking up at my slow brain. I had to churn over "hammer nail a tackle" for a moment before it clicked! Glad you're cleaning out is going so well, and best wishes with the garage sale,

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love letting things go and de-cluttering, reading your posts makes me want to get rid of some stuff here. On my to-do-list though.... REST, recover from birth of baby. So glad I did so much in the past months, but there is always more to do! Maybe I can get the kids to do some de-cluttering for me?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now that we've finished moving our blogs (hubs' and mine), and with school starting again, I'm feeling the distinct urge to purge. I am so over all this clutter!

    Praying for you, that God will guide you not to worry about tomorrow because the trouble of today is sufficient enough. Blessings to you, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29