Monday, August 22, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Hot, hot, and hot.
We're under heat advisories all. week. long.
118 in the valley the day I'm down there.
Great.

I am Thinking
What an e-ticket we've got going on,
but with a good plan, and lots of prayer,
it will be fabulous!

I am Thankful For
Four helpful children.

I am Creating
A need for less space.
A lot less space.

I am Reading
The Minor Prophets (they're so overlooked!)
My to-do list.
My calendar - repeatedly.
My mind is pretty full, so I'm concerned about missing something this week.

I am Praying
For the Lord to manage our next 6 weeks,
to iron out every little detail,
to light the path,
pave the way.

I am Hearing
The Polish Hammer figure out how to get those pads in his practice pants.
Better him than me!

From the Kitchen
hummus, tadziki, roasted chicken, fresh corn (probably gmo, la la la, can't hear you . . .) some really good salad . . .

Around the House
We thinned out the boys room, the girls bathroom, the linen closet, the landing, the workbox closet, and the dresser in the niche.  Ahead of schedule, yeah!

We are Learning
To let go of STUFF!
That the Lord is the eye of the storm.  All we have to do is stay in the center of his will, and all is right with the world.

A Few of My Favorite Things
Boys who are working hard to be good.

Plans for the Week
Orthodontic x-rays, exchange a dead fish (I have ALL the fun!), grab some groceries, visit my grandmother, thin out the house, thin out the house, thin out the house.

On my Mind
One day down (ok, in 4 more hours), four more to go.  :)

A Peek at My Life
Just imagine a three-week long to-do list followed by another 3 week to-do list, with every single day jam-packed.

More about this adventure tomorrow!

Care to Daybook?

4 comments:

  1. You've been hinting at something for several posts now. I seriously can't wait for the big reveal! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm cheering you on!

    What are you going to do about your library?

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  3. The library? Thin it - a very little bit. Wouldn't want to cut off my right arm or anything!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just getting ready to e-mail you... but I think that I will wait until tomorrow so as not to repeat anything... and ask a million more questions instead ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29