Monday, August 8, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
dark blue, a few clouds, light breeze

I am Thinking
about myself.  I'm sick and feeling rather pathetic.

I am Thankful For
Daisy.  She's running the home while I remain confined to my quarters.  Later we get to discuss something we've been studying together.
Fun!

I am Creating
lots of dirty tissues.
I emptied an entire box all my myself yesterday.
It was lovely.  (Blech!)

I am Reading
Healing Oils of the Bible
Back to Basics: Rediscovering the Richness of the Reformed Faith
Boys Adrift
(OK, I'm skimming the last one.  Lots of worldliness and psycho babble.  But on can glean a tidbit here and there.)

I am Praying
with thanksgiving for a number of blessings received by a few households this past weekend.
And yes, healing for the Rosebud and myself.  (She's sick too.)

I am Hearing
the boys chattering as they get settled down to studies.

From the Kitchen
Apart from the loaf of bread I requested, I have no idea.  I'm not allowed in the kitchen until further notice.

Around the House
Installed here on the cal king with Rose, Daisy and the boys moving through morning routines.  Low key, very low key.

We are Learning
about the essential oils used for colds.

A Few of My Favorite Things
lights at the end of tunnels.

Plans for the Week
daily football practice for Lando, not convinced World Tour Wednesday is gong to happen, movie with friends, church fellowship here Sunday.

On my Mind
an adventure the Lord may have us on.  The first step rests on news coming by the end of this week.  The next step rests in the Lord's provision.  We'll see!

A Peek at My Life

My apologies, but no peeks today.  That would require the desk top and I dare not go infect it.

Care to Daybook?

6 comments:

  1. Hope you feel much better soon! Prayers:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I hope you feel better soon! We had a cold go through here about two weeks ago, no fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, ladies! Yes, miserable. I'm off to take an afternoon nap, not to be confused with the morning nap I already took!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hallelujah for kids that can pitch in and keep things running when moms are 'down'. Praying you're well soon!

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you feel better, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. ...thanks for the email w/ link. i had lost track. or you had disappeared? fun to see what's going on again w/ you and yours. i trust you're on the mend now! i have it on good authority that you and your brother have been fabulous... of late... :o) blessings, j

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29