Monday, August 1, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
bright blue, a few clouds,
clinging to that 40% chance of rain!

I am Thinking
about my sons.  They're getting so tall I can't believe it.
And handsome . . . yikes!

I am Thankful For
blessing after blessing that we continue to receive, fabulous financial opportunities that we'd never imagined.
Things that line up and assist us in a rather large, long-term goal.

I am Creating
space ~ it's time to thin out 'stuff' in a major way.
We're already moving books out of here via Amazon and Daisy is dreaming of a garage sale.

I am Praying
for a big Wednesday appointment for dear friends!

I am Hearing
the never-ending hum of the air conditioner.

From the Kitchen
beans!
Lando starts 3 weeks of 2hr/day football practice today.  A wise woman said that when the boys are growing and always hungry to keep a pot of beans available.  Good for you, filling, inexpensive.  DONE!  :)

Around the House
All the people (except me) blissfully asleep.
Two guest dogs rough-housing out side.

We are Learning
that most of the world has their priorities backwards.

(Warning, puppy head on the keyboard alert!)
  Zsxaz
(Wallow must be learning something too!)

A Few of My Favorite Things
Mr Perfect.

Plans for the Week
daily football practice, World Tour Wednesday, thinning out of stuff.

On my Mind
"They just don't get it." seems to be the recurring theme for the week.

A Peek at My Life

This is Gidget, our 3 year old Boxer house guest who left this morning.
Seriously - the most loveable face.  This will probably be the last time we have her.  I'm going to miss this one.


 This is Wallow, a 5 month old Black Lab who was named for the fire from which he was rescued.  (Read more about it here.)  His new family is on vacation so we get to enjoy him until Saturday.




Sure am glad there wasn't anything planted in those garden boxes.  He's a sweet boy, and very mature for his age, but there is still "puppy" in there!

Care to Daybook?


2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the glimpse into you daily life, good looking dogs you have there!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  2. You might need so Bean-O or air freshner with all those beans ;)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29