Monday, July 18, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
Teasing clouds offering a very slight possibility of rain this afternoon.
Not getting my hopes up.

I am Thinking
I am not at all good at working with yahoos.

I am Thankful For
An idea I have that may prevent me from working in said yahoo situation and will be more productive to the end goal they have anyway.

I am Creating
A weekly journal.
I learned to print photos yesterday so I can start the project today.

I am Reading
Healing Oils of the Bible
The first few chapters have been an amazing lesson in biblical medicine, the science behind essential oils, and the history behind our abdication of our own health care.

I am Praying
For forgiveness, understanding, and peace.
I said something that was misunderstood (I haven't been used to that lately) and it's going to haunt me for a while.

I am Hearing
Walking in My Shoes.
Well, in my head, at least.
"You'll stumble in my footsteps . . ."

From the Kitchen
Fig jam - hopefully.

Around the House
3 adults enjoying the quiet before the children wake.

We are Learning
That you can never stop praying for those who hate you.
They just never get a grip, poor things!

A Few of My Favorite Things
San Sebastian Vintners Red.

Plans for the Week
Dinner with my mom, a few football practices for the boys, World Tour Wednesday, orthodontist, possible movie night with friends, Daisy's continued Tahoe trip.

On my Mind
I'm pleading the fifth on this one.

A Peek at My Life

Amen.

Care to Daybook?


4 comments:

  1. ... and Amen! :o)
    Hoping you have an amazing week ... and stay away from those Yahoos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am getting a taste of your life this week - heat indices all week over 100 and sometimes nearing 110! I know you endure it most of the year - and probably worse - and I've always had sympathy for you. Now I have empathy. Sheesh! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these posts, it is so much fun getting to know you this way!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did your clouds bring any rain, or were they just teasing? We're supposed to get more tonight and tomorrow. It's bizarre... we're having the year without a summer!

    Sorry about the yahoos. I'm sure if you and I ran the world, we could set everyone straight ;D

    Hurray for wine-thirty.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29