Monday, July 4, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window


I am Thinking
We're going on the third day that we have cloud cover and the luscious smell of rain . . . but no rain.  Today is a really good day for rain, Lord!


I am Thankful For
Some wonder-full provision the Lord provided this past week.  Amazing and abundant.


I am Creating
two embroidered name signs.  One for my niece and one for an acquaintance's soon-to-be daughter.


I am Reading
Crunch Time - still.
I'd better get a move on, I just put a bunch of books on hold at the library!


I am Praying
For a new outlook for my grandmother.  That she can regain some strength and get into a permanent room.


I am Hearing
Lando raking leaves from the rocks out front.  Tequilla, my neighbor's dog, barking because they won't train her (not bitter, either) and Gidget, our guest dog trotting around and whining because her pack is too spread out.  We are currently in 3 bedrooms, the front yard, the back yard, and the family room.  Hard for a dog!


From the Kitchen
Chocolate Malted Sandwich Cookies, soon at least.
Have got to get some weight put back on my grandmother.


Around the House
Chicken stock simmering in the crock pot.  I inherited a bunch of carcasses and it's time to get them into the easier-to-store format of stock.


We are Learning
Organization, writing, and one particular person learning how to clean toilets - for real.


A Few of My Favorite Things
My new prayer journal.  It's based on this tutorial and personalized to my needs and tastes.


Plans for the Week
Daisy coming home from her dad's tomorrow.  Dinner (tamales) and a movie (Serenity - they've never seen it) with friends on Thursday, our Elder coming into town to preach, so church dinner here on Sunday afterwards.  Fun!


On my Mind
Smash Books.  I used to love to scrapbook.  But the past time requires constant monetary input, projects in-the-works left out, and current skills.  I have none of that available at the moment and am trying to down size my life, whittling down to a few hobbies so I can unload STUFF.  Anyway, I ran into Smash Books on Pinterest yesterday and would love to try one.

A Peek at My Life

Care to Daybook?

4 comments:

  1. We had a nice bit of rain here last night ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mr Perfect said we got rain in the night, evidenced by the dirty car in the drive way. However, unless I'm conscious to enjoy it, it doesn't count! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha ha!! I would say the same, too. However, we were up and playing cards with friends last night. However, the rain hit here maybe around 8:30 or 9:00 time frame and was for sure gone bu 10:00 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Serenity? Firefly fans?

    Have a great time with your elder! We will miss him this Sunday, but so glad he will be with you!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29