Thursday, July 28, 2011

Brain Dump

I have a few silly things eating at me, yet a fabulous day ahead and I don't want the silly things to get in my way.  So . . . my first stop is at my therapist's office here for a brain dump.  I'm not posting for debate or brain picking, simply to clear my head.  If you aren't up for it, I am not offended if you'd like to just move on.

The Olsen twins are not pretty.  They may be very nice ladies or have other redeeming qualities about which I do not know.  I don't know them personally, so I couldn't tell you.  What I can tell you is that America is brainwashed by the media who programs us to believe their version of beauty.  If you've fallen for it, you've been duped.  Wake up and smell the idolatry, money, professional make-up and hair artists, zillion dollar wardrobes, drug addictions, baggage problems, and photoshop-ing.

Body idolatry is not attractive and it's disease spread is getting more and more rampant every day.  If you claim Christ, yet your body, what you do with it, to it, and put on it is the majority of your thoughts, your words, your efforts, your time, if that is what gives you the most pleasure and 'self esteem' (gag), you've got a problem.



I went to the dentist yesterday.  The hygienist shared that her 3.5 year old son is driving her nuts with whining, disobedience, and is very jealous of his new baby sister.  She comes to work to 'escape'.  Then she shared that the day care lady says he does so much better when there are just a few children in his group and it's a more quiet day.

Am I the only one scratching my head at the obvious here?
 
Ahh . . . therapy!  I smell coffee and a lovely day ahead.  Next stop?  Off to pick up Mozart so he can help me clean my house.
 
Perfect!



3 comments:

  1. I *heart* you! This made me laugh because....well, to be honest with you I started laughing at "The Olsen twins are not pretty". Couldn't agree more (with this entire post) I for one am happy we are to be "in this world, but not of this world" 'cause I don't want to be "of" any of that!

    Hope you had a better day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm up for it and I'm not moving on :)

    True beauty? True beauty doesn't fade, it's not make-up, it's not multi-colored hair, it's not floral shirts, or tight jeans. What true beauty is, is Jesus. He doesn't fade and only gets brighter and more radient as time goes on! I try to hold to that standard when I measure what is beautiful and what is not. Sometimes I find myself looking in the mirror and comparing myself to what the world says is beautiful and I guess trying to build up self-esteem. Lol, I just gagged you :p Sorry about that, lol. I mean this line of "beauty" bombards us everywhere so it's hard to not fall into the trap and measure yourself according to it. However, when I do fall into that trap I remind myself of what true beauty is and who to be like if I want to be beautiful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as braided hair and the wearing of gold jewelry and fine clothes. Instead, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God’s sight.

    (BTW, I don't take that to mean NO braided hair, NO gold jewelry, NO fine clothes... but that those are not true beauty.)

    Having sons and no daughters there are ways that (I'm thankful) I don't have to deal with this. But I am very conscious of wanting to train them to look beyond the outer, as they get old enough to be enticed by that.

    Of course, there's nothing wrong with women who are beautiful on the inside AND the outside ;D

    The story of the dental hygienist just breaks my heart... seen that many, many times.

    *sigh*

    Julie

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29