Monday, June 27, 2011

The Simple Woman's Daybook

Outside My Window
I don't even have to look to tell you it's clear and HOT.
109 today and a high of 111 this week.

I am Thinking
About all the things I have to discuss with Daisy today.  An invitation to play at a week-long camp in Tucson, academic schedules, organization, facebook, etc.

I am Thankful For
The Lord answering prayers in ways my limited scope can imagine.

I am Creating
A name sign for my niece, Sophia.
Pink, purple, green.
Cute!

I am Reading
Crunch Time  I always enjoy Davidson's mysteries.

Creative Blogging  This one not so much.  There are only one or two things to learn there.  If you don't even have a blog and are terrified at the set up, then it's a good resource.  But if you are already up and running, get it from the library.  This is not a 'need to own' resource.

I am Praying For
An unimaginably fabulous job to come along for some dear friends.
Healing for my grandmother.
Sleep for my mother.
Miracles for our house guests.

I am Hearing
Lunch dishes being loaded into the dishwasher, teeth being brushed, and children moving on to their afternoon work.

From the Kitchen
Not a single clue!

Around the House
Lando and Han Solo studying.  Daisy and Rose getting ready for haircuts.  Not sure what our young, female house guest is doing, frankly.

We are Learning
Persistence, diligence, that lying to ourselves never works out good.  Also, portable organization skills.

A Few of My Favorite Things
When Mr Perfect calls with lots of good news.
When Daisy is home.
My new prayer journal.
Holly the princess.  (OK, she's a dog, but I just adore her!)


Plans for the Week
With excessive heat warnings in the valley all week long, my plans include a visit to my grandmother on Wednesday.  Outside of that we'll be STAYING HOME!

On my Mind
Our future, our lovely little church (had our last meeting in a home yesterday!), provision for a few friends, my 14 going on 30 daughter.

A Peek at My Life


The sign to put out for church this Sunday.
We can finally go public now that the website is up and running.
Woo Hoo!

By the way, if any lovely reader would like to write a short post plugging our little church, please feel free.  Now that the website is up we need to generate some traffic!  If you plug us, be sure to comment here so I can stop by too!  :)

Care to Daybook?

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sweetie...hope all is well as it can be for you and yours. Miss you on fb. Much love! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for Trinity Covenant!

    I added your area to my weather reports on my iphone so we could keep up with the weather in our new home state... Uh, we've got some adjusting to do! Last week I THINK we may have hit the 70's once or twice, but this week back to mid 60's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. No complaints Peggy, thank you! I miss fb a bit, but my departure has been a good thing.

    Gabe, oh my . . . I think you're off to Tucson, is that correct? If it's any consolation, I think Tucson runs a few degrees cooler. This week, here, it's heat advisory - one after the other. Ew!

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29