Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pinterest

I've been really enjoying Pinterest lately.  It's an online scrapbook where you pin photos of whatever lovely and or entertaining or thoughtful or delicious things you like from all over the web.


While it's fabulous, I have found a recurring pin that is heart breaking.

(My apologies, blogger isn't letting me upload it and I can't get it clear.)
 
It says, "I am why we can't have nice things."

It comes in various onesie sizes, toddler sizes, and children's sizes.

Parents - if you value nice 'things' over children, then please don't have children.  But to have children, and then put this on them?  Can you imagine what that would do to the soul of a child?  Do you realize what you are really saying?  It's like the people who say, "You have FOUR CHILDREN?  Wah, wah, wah, I can barely handle the one I've got!"  And all the worse if it's said right in front of the child!

Please consider your words . . . these things say to your children, "I'd rather have nice things than you."  "I can't handle you, (or, I don't particularly like you) I certainly wouldn't want another."

Gads, to put my 'stuff' that simply collects dust over investing in my children - who are going to continue on long after I'm gone, making this world a better place?

I don't think so.



1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness. That shirt makes me sad for the child wearing it :(

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29