Friday, May 20, 2011

Discipleship Deliberation




The week in general ~ tiring.  This end of music season schedule is a bit much.  We recover from one busy performance weekend just as the next performance weekend comes up.

In our studies this week ~ yeah.  Well, the stunts one twin does one day, the other will do the next.  Lando got over his 14 hours a day study pace in time for HanSolo to pick it up.  (Well, 10 hours for him.)  And what works one day doesn't always work the next, nor does what works for one boy always work for the other.  It's constant pursuit of problem management.  Not good for a household with Mom running on 'low'.

What's working well~ our go with the flow to get through the final push of the girls' performance schedule.


What needs some tweaking ~this ridiculocity of studies taking 10 hours.  I'm out of ideas, so what in the world to try next?


My own discipleship ~ back to business in Blogging Through the Gospels, and I just picked Female Piety back up again.  (That's always a read-a-little-at-a-time book!)

The best thing about the week ~that it's got us one week closer to Mr Perfect being on vacation.


Questions, comments, thoughts ~ I'm brain fried, so nothing of thoughtful intelligence to ask or share!

Something to share ~ I have a few things marked in the event that I ever need free resources for my children's education.  Have you ever looked at the curricula the Puritans' offer?

4 comments:

  1. Homeschooling boys! Oh, it is challenging, isn't it? I've had to forget the "sit in your chair, feet on floor, back straight", etc, etc. With Bradley, I don't care if he's on his head ... if that's what it takes. (Took me 3 years to get here, but so glad I am). Hoping you find that one "thing" soon that works for your little ones. Until then, maybe Wine Wednesday can come more often? Maybe? :o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, they'll sit and study and focus and not bounce around. They're both really good in that area. It's the not really working while sitting there thing that's killing them.

    Wine Wednesday - I think we're starting that when we return from vacation! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for that link to the Puritans. I had seen that once, years ago, and forgotten all about it. Now I want to explore :D

    Hope your boys' study habits stabilize. Wish I had some great advice, but I don't. Except that it will probably pass eventually. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, do you think you'll do a linky for this topic? I'd love to join in...and, if you're interested, I think I could convince my graphic artist hubby to make us a button. :^)

    ReplyDelete

Please . . . Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers. Eph 4:29